36.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

You complete me. Those were not the words Nina had expected to come out of Matteo's mouth. Somehow she felt like those words were more intimate than simply saying "I love you". Everyone says I love you. People say I love you even when they don't truly mean it. The phrase is common, but saying "you complete me" is not. Neither is "my heart belongs to you". That's practically announcing that Matteo's heart will belong to Nina forever.

"What?" Nina spoke softly, her head still resting on Matteo's shoulder.

He shrugged, like Nina had before. "I thought I'd also tell you that before things change."

Nina pulled away from their embrace and peered at him with an odd expression. "You're acting like we might never see each other again."

Matteo laughed, but he didn't deny it, and that's what Nina was afraid of. Was being CEO really that big of a deal? Or was Matteo just trying to pull away? Matteo didn't want that to be the case, but he couldn't help but feel a sense of impending doom no matter how hard he tried to breathe and regulate himself. Maybe it was simply the built up anxiety he was carrying around like a dark cloud, or maybe he was right. Either way, he didn't want to lie to Nina.

Matteo changed the subject by abruptly standing up and throwing Nina's body over his shoulder. Nina squealed loudly, pounding her fists against Matteo's back before protesting.

"Matteo! What the hell?" Nina could feel herself slipping out of Matteo's massive sweatpants she had on and began to panic. "I'm slipping! Please, please don't drop me!"

Matteo laughed at her state of panic before pulling her forwards and bringing her back to straddling his waist. "Better baby?" He placed a kiss on top of her forehead before ascending the stairs.

"Ugh. Better." Nina heaved aggressively to try to catch her breath. She forced her head up and tried to make out where they were headed. "The glazed room?" 

Matteo responded with a gruff "yes" before placing her down on the floor. He turned over his shoulder and locked the door behind them, causing Nina to jerk at the sound of it clicking in place. To keep her pants from falling down, she gripped the sides of the sweatpants with her hands and watched cautiously as Matteo stalked towards her frail body.

"Drop the pants, Nina." Matteo's voice was rough as always, his hands working to undo his belt at the same time.

Nina pressed her lips together to stop herself from letting out any sound of pleasure before she timidly took her hands off the waistband of the sweatpants. The pants plopped down and pooled around the bottom of her ankles, exposing her cheeky pink underwear. Matteo licked his lips and dropped his own pants before practically ripping off his dress shirt as well. An exposed Matteo stood in front of Nina, shamelessly. Her nipples hardened under her camisole and her mouth parted ever so slightly.

Matteo was now inches away from Nina. He brushed his fingers against her peaked nipples and let out a grunt of frustration. "Take this off, now."

Nina knew what he was referring to, but she was too much of a brat to admit it. "Take what off?" Her tone was low, her eyes heavy-lidded and seductive.

She should know better by now. "Take it off, Nina. Don't play with me." Matteo's edgy voice filled Nina's ears. His hands gripped her camisole like his life depended on it, and his desperate eyes bore into hers.

Fuck. She was about to get in trouble. "Take it off..." Nina grinned, stretching out her words. "...yourself."

Matteo's whole body tensed at her disobedience. "Say that again." His insincere tone frightened Nina, and he could tell. He chuckled at the way she used one hand to cover her chest and cowered. "What? You forgot I'm not always nice?" His words were rough before he grabbed her arm and dragged her towards him.