31.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Matteo had forced Nina to get ready in half an hour. She hammered him with questions the whole time they were getting ready, but eventually gave up when she realized she had no choice but to go to this gala. She peered into the mirror in front of her as Matteo's designer zipped a beautiful dress up her body. Perfectly hugging her body was a strapless asymmetrical navy blue dress. Her boobs were pushed up to perfection from how tight the material squeezed her chest, and her right leg was fully exposed from a slit that went all the way up to her hip. When she turned to the side, Nina could see the shimmer from her dress glistening underneath the light. Was this appropriate to be wearing in front of Matteo's family? Nina's mind was racing.

Almost as if Matteo could read Nina's thoughts, he strolled through the guest room with a big smile on his face. Nina almost choked on air when she saw him through the mirror in his all black suit. He looked unbelievably hot, his hair perfectly tamed with only a few strands purposefully out of place. Nina clenched her thighs together, an action she was glad Matteo couldn't see under her long gown.

Matteo's heart skipped a beat when he saw how breathtaking Nina looked. Her hair was in a slick back ponytail, accentuating her soft cheekbones and doe like eyes. Matteo stood behind Nina in the mirror, placing both his hands on her waist and drinking in every inch of her body. They looked good together. The both of them knew that. In another world, they were the tall, hot, power couple everyone wanted to be.

Seeing Nina looking so sexy only made Matteo worry. He knew as soon as they arrived, the cameras were going to be all over them, and Nina was going to get a lot of attention even if Matteo mentioned a thousand times that she was his assistant. Matteo snapped back to reality when he saw the rope burn on Nina's wrists.

Nina followed his eyes. Before she could try to hide them, Matteo's hand was gripping her arm. He brought his lips to the burn and softly placed a kiss. "Is this bothering you?"

Nina's breathing was ragged. "No, it's not." She was telling the truth. She liked the marks...

"You like marks left on your body?" His mouth was now against Nina's ear, his hot breath sending shivers down her spine. Matteo nibbled gently on Nina's ear to tease her. "I'll bring some Neosporin... and make sure you cover those with bracelets." He winked before walking out of the room.

***

Nina found it extremely difficult to be mad at Matteo when he was so caring. She couldn't even bring herself to look at Matteo out of fear that she would blush if she thought back to how gently Matteo rubbed the Neosporin on her wrists. It didn't help that she was currently eating a chocolate bar that Matteo gave her right before they left. She grinned thinking about how concerned he gets with her.

The smile was quickly replaced with a frown when Nina remembered that she was attending an affluent gala unwillingly. She huffed in the passenger seat of Matteo's car, instead looking at her reflection through the window. She could see the full glam makeup that occupied her face and the shimmery reflection of her dress. At least she looked pretty.

"Listen, Nina. As soon as we step out of this car, there are going to be thousands of camera flashes in your face. You wait until I open the door for you, and you stay next to me the whole night." Matteo spoke in a serious tone, watching Nina's nervous face through the passenger window reflection. "Stay next to me and smile. That's all you need to do to get through this night."

Nina couldn't control her reaction. A loud scoff escaped her mouth. Fuck.

"What is it?"

Nina bit her bottom lip. "I don't want to do this. I don't know why you are making me do this." There was a slight quiver in her voice as she spoke.