16.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•
Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Nina woke up fresh with anxiety. It was the worst feeling in the world, being woken up by the stomach dropping feeling of all the shit that needs to be done. Today, Dilon had asked her to meet him for dinner @7. Matteo had just lectured her on not having romantic relationships with other people, but deep down Nina was still curious on what Dilon offered.

She was conflicted. If Matteo found out, Nina wasn't sure what he would do. It shouldn't matter. Nina was annoyed with their stupid rules, because they weren't dating.

She sat upright on the edge of her bed, trying to think about what to do. She already knew what her mind wanted. She wanted to have dinner with Dilon. Maybe it was the fear of missing out, or maybe it was simply a sabotaging tactic. Nina had a habit of sabotaging everything good that came her way. Some could argue this was simply human nature, but Nina knew exactly what she was doing. Did this make her a bad person?

Nina fisted her hair and let out a grunt, throwing herself backwards on the bed and staring up at her blank ceiling.

~~~

Nina hugged Angela tight before sliding into the diner booth. Angela had invited Nina out for brunch with Ellie and Ben, and she couldn't say no. Plus, she needed to take her mind off of some things.

"Hey guys. How are you all?" Nina took a deep breath, adjusting her hair before relaxing into her seat.

"Oh, I'm great. Guess what?" Angela held an overwhelmingly enthusiastic smile as she looked back and forth to everyone at the table.

"What?" Ben answered her in a monotone voice, taking a deep breath to prepare himself for her answer.

"I'm talking to a new guy!" She looked at all of them, waiting for a positive reaction to her words before continuing to speak. They all collectively gasped. "Yes! He's a great guy. He listened to my spiel about my 4 cats without rolling his eyes once... and guess fucking what?"

"What?" Ben took one for the team again.

"He has 4 cats too." Angela's mouth hung open before she let out a squeal of joy. "I'm so excited to introduce our cats to each other... and hopefully they get along. Everything would be perfect if that happened. I'm already planning our wedding to be honest."

"Wow... Angela! That's so exciting, for you." Nina shot Angela a fake smile, trying to be a good supportive friend. In reality, Nina thought she was straight up fucking crazy.

Part of Nina got jealous, because why could crazy Angela find a man that suited her and Nina couldn't? She knew she was being irrational, but she couldn't help the way she felt.

The rest of brunch consisted entirely of more talk about this amazing man Angela had found. No one could get a sentence in without Angela somehow finding a way to connect what someone was saying to her new man. Every time Nina glanced over at Ben, she could see him holding back every impulse in his body to pounce on her. Nina held in her laugh.

After Brunch, Nina went to the mall to pick out a new outfit for dinner tonight. The whole way to the mall, she tried to suppress the anxiety that was eating her alive.

What would Dilon like? She knew he was always dressing to impress, so she decided she would also. She stepped into a store that looked fancy enough, quickly browsing through a rack of beautiful dresses. Almost instantly, Nina found a mesmerizing off the shoulder dress in a sage green color. The dress stopped just above the knee, which was the exact length Nina was looking for.