17.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"I'm so sorry. I really don't know what I was thinking..." Dilon ran his hands through his annoyingly perfect hair, and Nina could tell he was overthinking what had just happened. "That was way too fast, and I sincerely apologize Nina."

Nina was too distracted by the flash she swore she had just seen, she couldn't even process what Dilon was saying. Not to mention, Matteo was currently screaming at her in her head. 

"Nina?" Dilon grabbed Nina's hand once again, which finally pulled her attention back to him.

"Yeah... yeah. It's okay Dilon, don't worry. But, you're right. That was too fast, and I'm not ready for that yet... I'm really sorry." Nina tried to smile nicely, but she couldn't help but feel defeated the longer she stared into Dilon's eyes. This wouldn't last.

"Don't tell me you're sorry." Dilon let go of Nina's hand gently, her hand falling back down to her side. Despite feeling dejected, Dilon still carried that bright smile of his, and Nina felt compelled to smile back. "Have a good night, Nina." 

***

The next week of work went as smoothly as it could with Matteo out of the office. He didn't bother to tell anyone he had to go on a business trip until the last minute, which meant that there was chaos and panic circulating the workplace. Everyone knew that if business wasn't perfectly in order by the time Matteo came back, he would start firing people. 

Nina's job was quite easy, since she had no one to be an assistant to. For most of the days, she sat at her desk and watched Gossip Girls on her computer. That was until Xavier arrived. 

"Nina Nina Nina! My girl." Xavier slapped both of his hands down on Nina's desk, making intense eye contact with her in front of him. 

Nina visibly flinched, shooting back a very shy smile. "Good morning, Xavier." 

He unnecessarily winked and invited himself to sit down in the guest chair. "As you know, Matteo is gone on a business trip." Nina politely nodded her head. "I just called him up and asked if I could borrow you for the day... and he said yes!" 

Nina's smile slightly dropped. How could Matteo not communicate this with her?  She felt a slight wave of anger entering her body. At the same time, she hated to admit that she was excited. Being stuck with an unbelievably handsome man for a day isn't the worst thing that could have happened. 

"So, I'm here to pick you up and kidnap you for the day." He spoke causally, turning around and starting towards the door. 

Nina swiftly got up, grabbing her work bag and stuffing as much shit as she could in 30 seconds before he left her. Rushing after Xavier, she huffed and made a mental note to text Matteo the most nasty message she could muster to express her discontent. 

***

Xavier was taking her to a random board meeting that she had no knowledge of. Nina asked what her purpose of being her was, but Xavier admitted that he just wanted company. 

"I promise that I'll treat you to drinks afterwards." 

Was that any better? 

"And does this include your work colleagues as well?" 

"Possibly." 

Nina rolled her eyes, looking away from him and his glory as they entered the building. "Yeah sorry Xavier, but I'll pass on that."