14.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•
Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Nina woke up mid-drive, her eyes groggy as she slowly sat up and took in her surroundings. She had absolutely no idea where she was and disorientation took over. Looking to her side, Matteo gently tapped the steering wheel with one finger to the rhythm of a rap song she could not make out. Her back felt uncomfortably sore, and her head was pounding with a growing headache. Nina hated falling asleep in cars... especially in a car she didn't even remember how she got into.

Nina tried to think back to what she last remembered. Right, she had fallen asleep writing Matteo's stupid report. She assumed that Matteo had carried her to the car. What an inconvenience. Nina looked down at her fairly chubby thighs and pulled at the sides of her dress.

Matteo turned his head at the noise of Nina's body wriggling around. "You're awake."

Nina silently nodded her head. "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you home." Matteo re-trained his eyes onto the road in front of him and waited for her answer. He didn't want her to go home, he wanted to punish her for no reason whatsoever. He just wanted to feel her body.

"Oh, ok." Nina didn't want to go home either. Her mother was the last person she wanted to see as of this moment.

Their lack of communication was extremely detrimental to their relationship. Nina felt uneasy as they approached her apartment building, and she was wishing hard that Matteo would be brave enough to speak up.

Nina didn't say anything because, in reality, she was exhausted. She didn't even think she could handle any punishments he would give her. It didn't matter anyways, she would see him tomorrow... and that guy from the coffee shop. A sly grin was plastered onto her face as she thought about revenge.

"What are you smiling about?" Matteo was suspicious at her sudden happiness after she had just groggily woken up.

Nina felt her cheeks turning red as she snapped her head to the side to look at Matteo. The smile was gone. "Hm? Nothing." She fumbled with her seatbelt so it would come undone, and quickly reached for the door handle before Matteo could ask further questions.

Matteo took hold of her arm. "Nina... you fell asleep while working." He knew the words coming out of his mouth were irrational, but he couldn't help it. "Don't let it happen again, or there will be consequences."

Nina pulled away as soon as Matteo loosened his grip, and walked towards her apartment without looking back. She thought that he didn't deserve a second glance. She hated when he acted irrational.

***

Nina was up bright and early, for once, and was feeling more energized than usual. Not even her unreasonably large heels were hurting her feet as she continued to speed walk towards the coffee shop. It was the adrenaline. It was that exciting feeling of doing something new. She was bad. It made her smile.

As soon as she entered the coffee shop, she spotted the handsome man from last time right away. He spotted her too, casually approaching Nina with two cups of coffee in his hand.

"Nina... right?" He tossed his head back to move his luscious blonde hair out of the way. Cringe but handsome. There was that amazing accent again.

"Yes." Nina couldn't help but blush. She felt as if she was in a movie. That's how good this guy looked to her. "You didn't tell me your name last time-"

"Dilon." He interrupted Nina smoothly, handing her a cup of coffee from one of the two he had in his hands. "I don't know if you get an iced americano everyday, but here you go."