38.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Matteo's leg twitched, repeatedly bouncing up and down, signaling his impatience. He dragged his hand down his face as he listened to the board of directors spew nonsense. The first 5 days or so, Matteo was able to handle being away from Nina. Now, he was getting antsy. It had been 10 days since he felt her lips on his, and he swore he was going crazy. Never in a million years did Matteo think a woman would consume his thoughts as much as Nina consumed his. 

Matteo closed his eyes for a second before forcing himself to snap back into focus. His fingers flipped through pages of his notes, making sure they had reached each discussion point on the agenda before he ended this meeting. He was restless to get back to his hotel room and FaceTime Nina. He needed to see her face... and he needed to see that beautiful pussy between her legs. Matteo had to adjust his pants just thinking about it. Glancing back down at his notebook, he decided they had done enough talking. 

"Alright, I'm going to wrap it up there. Sorry to interrupt you, Dennis." Matteo's face was hard and expressionless as he did a very bad job of showing he was sympathetic for ending things early. "We hit every point on the agenda and I don't want to keep anyone from their plans, so let's end it here. Thank you for attending, everyone." 

Matteo clapped his hands together and abruptly stood up. Everyone nodded at Matteo's words and upped and left, probably equally as excited to get the fuck out of here. Matteo collected his belongings and made his way towards the door, but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. 

"Matteo. I hope you haven't forgotten about having drinks tonight." 

Fuck. Matteo turned towards the voice and was met with the face of the new CMO, Gerry Lupinacci. Gerry is a fairly plump Italian man in his early 40's. He's also married and has two children. Matteo doesn't usually hire people with children — for fear that they will prioritize family over work — but Mr. Lupinacci had one hell of a reputation. His family is powerful, which Matteo is certain is because of illegal activities, but he doesn't care. He was an amazing salesman, and that's all Matteo cared about. 

Matteo also didn't want Nina to work for a single man. Sue him.  

He had forgotten all about promising Gerry a night out so that he could explain how things should be run. Matteo wanted to roll his eyes and walk away, but he still cared too much about this damn company to let things go to shit. Nina would have to wait. 

"That's a bold assumption, Mr. Lupinacci. I never forget my plans." Liar. "Unfortunately, I do have to wrap things up a little early tonight, so let's get going." Matteo motioned towards the door,  following after Gerry and out of the building. As soon as they stepped outside, the both of them were hit by the Las Vegas heat. 

Matteo hated Las Vegas. He had liked it when he was younger and borrowed money from his parents, but those days have passed. Now it just looked like an adult playground. Matteo glanced down at his watch, seeing that it was close to 7 pm. It was about to get densely crowded and no part of Matteo wanted to be here. 

Gerry had offered that they go to one of his family bars, so here they were. Matteo sipped on his whiskey neat and felt instantly better when the alcohol entered his system. The liquid scorched down his throat, but he enjoyed it. Matteo rolled his shoulders and took a deep breath, forcing himself to relax. He only needed to push through two more days, and then he could see his beautiful girlfriend.