[ xii :: sidekick ]

I often wonder why the things that I want are so hard to find but

I often fail to see the things that I need are right here by my side.

Something in the air is giving me bad ideas

Something in the air is giving me crazy thoughts, like

...Why don't you stay at mine tonight? 

-"Sidekick" || Walk the Moon

_______

What about that lunch date? I miss you.

It's a Wednesday afternoon, and Anais is making her way from the library. She's got a few hours to kill before Astronomy, and so she decides to spend it getting lunch at this place Louis once recommended, The Duke's Arms, a few blocks from the Bobst.

"Maybe you should try somewhere that's not Nero," Soo had laughed the night before-She'd voiced that she was scared of running into Lucky Blue Smith everywhere and this had been her best friend's solution. "Switch things up a bit."

So here she was, traipsing to the pub.

Anais is staring at her phone, not really paying attention because what the fuck does she say to Lucky?

It doesn't help that she receives another text.

Please Ana don't ignore me.

She groans, "Shit," throwing her head back as she crosses the street towards the little pub because why the fuck is he making this so goddamn hard.

Fine.

Mercredi? She types, because if Soo were with her she'd tell her that she can't keep running from Lucky and if she were with Cara or Jourdan or Daphne they'd totally tell her that she could totally just get in his pants-with or without a girlfriend.

Anais presses 'Send' on the text.

And that's when she sees Zayn.

She grins. "Zayn! Zayn-"

But he doesn't hear her because he's a bit preoccupied, tugging the short little blonde from the restaurant.

She looks pissed.

He looks frustrated.

And Anais picks that up from body language, alone.

The girl's arms are folded tightly across her chest, and her rolled eyes only add to Anais' assumption, especially sine Zayn's tattooed hands are scrubbing his face and raking through his hair.

"I know you've got it, Pez."

"You've got to stop showing up here."

"I wouldn't have to come if you just gave me back my shit!"

Anais slows.

"Ha-wow. Even now, you're still more into your stupid fucking art more than you're into me."

"That matters to you, now?"

"Why do you need it, anyway? You've got enough billboards and dirty walls to tag in this fuckin' city!"

She really shouldn't be intruding on the conversation, but Zayn literally looks like he's about to explode and the girl he's with kind of looks like she's purposefully being a bitch.

And damn it, Anais thinks, she can't watch Zayn just have a horrible day too, just because hers has so far, been a piece of shit.

And so without really thinking, Anais hoists her bag over her shoulder and power-walks towards the two.