[ xxxi :: birthdays ]

I want admission to your party, it's the best in town
Admission to your party, don't you let me down
I want admission to your party
Admission to your party, yeah

I hear it's the best in around
I want a ticket to the soirée

Admission to your party, yeah.

- "Admission to Your Party" || Smallpools

____

"I've got an idea."

"You? An idea? I dunno. Should we be scared, Lou."

Louis scoffs, rolling his eyes. "You're so dramatic, Niall," he says, and this causes Zayn to laugh. Niall wasn't exactly someone he'd necessarily peg as 'dramatic,' but hey.

"When aren't my ideas good?" He asks. "I'll tell you when; never."

Niall and Zayn only look to each other. Neither of them decides to answer this question, considering they all just got home from class and no one is particularly in the mood to argue.

It didn't help that Niall had come home complaining about there being nothing to eat, and they hadn't exactly ordered out yet, meaning that Niall was hungry and he was really not himself when he was hungry.

Besides, Harry was over and when Harry was over, arguments turned into Harry and Louis vs. Niall and Zayn, and because Zayn was waiting for Anais to come over, he wasn't 100% invested in arguing.

Then again, he rarely was.

"What is it, Lou?" He asks, leaning backwards in his chair.

Louis bows, "Thank you, Zayn," he rolls his eyes with a flippant scoff. "Someone wants to hear my great idea."

Both Niall and Zayn make eye contact again.

Harry only laughs.

"Anyway," Louis continues, "Soo's birthday is like, next weekend and I really want to do something for her; y'know. Throw a big party. Invite all her friends. That sort of thing."

Niall lifts his brows. "The kind of thing a boyfriend would do?" He snorts, laughing behind his hand. "Whipped."

"Niall," Louis begins, "there's the door," he motions towards the exit. "Feel free to leave."

"Really, Lou?" Harry asks. "Really?"

But, Niall rises from his chair, "Fine, then," he snorts, only to feel a hand around his wrist. He's being pulled back down into his chair by Zayn, who says nothing and only shakes his head.

Niall sits.

He stays.

But, only for Zayn, dammit.

__

"Soo? Soo, I'm home."

"Ana! Come back, I'm in my room."

Anais drops her coat on the couch, walking back through the darkness. She can see the light filtering through the hall from Soo's open door, and as she wonders why it's so dark and why Soo is living like Edward Cullen, when she reaches the room and raps softly upon the open door.

"Soo?"

"Ana!" Soo Joo exclaims, suddenly appearing in front of the door and dragging her best friend inside the room. She pulls her onto the bed beside her, curling up along the pillows. "Anais, arghh - Why is my life so hard?"