[ xxv :: matchmaker ]

You wanna teach but not be taught

And I wanna sell but not be bought

So let us not be lonesome

Lost in between our needs and wants

Our needs and wants.

- "The Ghosts of Beverly Drive" || Death Cab for Cutie

__________

"Think you might want to get set up?"

"Um, unlike you, I'm actually enjoying being single. Thanks."

"Aw, please, Cara? I met this cute guy last night and I think - "

"That just because you're all loved up on Zayn I want someone, too? Yep," she snorted. "Figured."

"Cara, c'mon! Please? His name's Zach..."

"What happened to all of us being single?"

Anais groans into her phone. "You're no fun," she replies, as she makes her way up the stairs to Zayn's apartment.

"I'm tons of fun," Cara replies smugly. "I'm so fun that no one can handle just how much fun I am. I'm too fun and too amazing to be tied down, and that's why I say 'No thanks,' to the boy."

"That's a bunch of BS and you know it," replies Anais as she knocks loudly on the door. "So, no thank you for ruining what could be a great thing."

Cara laughs groggily. She's obviously been woken up by this phone call considering that it's 9:30 on a Saturday morning. "Where are you, anyway? Can I come over? Are we doing breakfast?"

"Sorry," Anais sings. "I'm at - "

"Zayn's," comes the reply as the door is thrown open.

"Yep," Anais grins, popping her 'p' as Niall's tousled hair, sweats and tee come into view. "I'm there now," she says. "Hi, Niall!"

Cara laughs. "Of course you are."

"S'too early," Niall groans, stepping out of the doorway.

"Never," Ana smiles, entering the apartment and placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Imagine how much you'll get done."

"Tell Niall I said 'Hey, mate.'"

Anais pulls her phone from her lips. "Cara says 'Hey.'"

"No, I said 'Hey, mate.' Say what I said, Anais!"

"Shut up, Cara."

"Tell 'er I said hey," he chuckles groggily. "And m'going back t' bed."

"Good night," Anais giggles, hugging his warm body. "Zayn's...?"

"In 'is room," he yawns. "Where else?"

"Right. Of course," Anais replies as she follows Niall down the hallway. "Cara, I'll call you later, okay?"

Niall leans towards the phone. "Bye, Cara!"

"Bye, Ni!" Cara exclaims as if she's talking to him. "Have fun with your man, Ana. Call me later, yeah?"

"Duh," and she makes kissy noises in the receiver. "See ya, babe."

"Bye, doll."

"He's in there," Niall says softly, motioning towards the closed door opposite his. "Think he's sleeping, still."

"Wouldn't put it past him," murmurs Anais.

Niall laughs. "Probably," and he heads into his own room. "See you, Ana."