[ xx :: third wheel ]

There's a boy I know, he's the one I dream of

Looks into my eyes, takes me to the clouds above,

Oh I lose control, can't seem to get enough,

When I wake from dreaming, tell me is it really love, 

How will I know?

- "How Will I Know?" || Whitney Houston

_________

MY PLACE AT 9 TONIGHT

I'll be there :)

But, it's only twelve-thirty on the Friday afternoon that Anais sends this text in response to Chanel. Her phone's been blowing up, actually, since she'd been added with Cara, Soo, Jourdan, Joan, Magdalena and a few others into a group chat for the night.

Chanel was putting on a 'movie night' in the loft she lived in with Jourdan, but, knowing her, that 'movie night' was most likely going to turn into a 'gossip session' about everyone in Design. 

Anais just wants a nap. 

After morning classes in what seemed like an endless week, she's ready to lay in her bed and close her eyes, and she's never been more excited to do just that. Knowing that Soo was most likely not home, since she didn't have class on Fridays, Anais expected her roommate to be out, since she typically went out during her free time. 

That left the apartment to herself. 

And that's really all she wants. 

And as Anais digs through her purse for her key, standing outside her home, she hears voices. 

She stands, bow furrowed, hearing very distinctly, the sound of talking coming from behind the door to her flat. 

Confused, she sticks the key in the lock and turns, opening her door cautiously. 

"Soo?"

"Anais? Wow, you're home early."

"Hey, love. Done for the day?"

And Anais pauses. She closes the door, only to be met by the two familiar faces of Soo and Louis, both of them curled up on the couch. 

Together. 

"Am I interrupting something?" She asks, dropping her bag to the floor. 

Soo grins, shaking her head. 

Anais does not miss how her best friend is sitting, feet tucked beneath her, her head against Louis' shoulder, his hand casually resting on her hip. 

"Louis' been over a while, y'know? He just came to hang out."

"I was in the neighborhood," he grins and Soo giggles. "Thought I'd pop by."

"And he brought cupcakes!" Exclaims Soo, who points to the table. "They're from that place I love, y'know?"

And Anais does know. She knows very well, in fact, because that's not something that you just forget about your best friend and roommate. 

But, that's not the issue. 

Maybe it's because she's sleepy. 

Maybe it's because she's had a long week, but seeing Soo and Louis curled up together on the couch in the house she came home expecting to find empty kind of has her eye twitching.