[ xxxix :: bitches (pt. 1) ]

It's Soo's birthday! Gif of her w. kittens instead of puppies but you get the point.

***

And I'm tired of all your friends,

Listening at your door.

I want, what's better for you,

So long, my friend and adversary.

But I'll wait for you.

-"Under Cover of Darkness" || The Strokes
__

"Alright, so's everyone ready, or do I need to run through the plan once again?"

"Jesus Christ, Lou," Niall mutters tiredly, yawning into the couch cushion. "You've told us fifty times, mate. We got it."

"Yeah, but actually," Cara nods between him and Anais on the couch in the boy's place. "We're not gonna fuck anything up," she sighs. "Sheesh."

"Anyway," Louis continues, as he look between his so-called 'friend' Niall and his so-called 'friend,' Anais, as she laughs in amusement.

Nothing about this is very funny to him, if he's being honest.

"You can all stop being a bunch of pricks about it," he says, as Zayn throws his arm over Anais' shoulder and plays quietly in her hair. "This is important, so you'd better get the plan right."

"At seven, you and I are taking Soo out for an intimate dinner," Anais repeats, for like, the millionth time. "By six-thirty, though, Cara, Niall and Zayn are all supposed to get the place ready."

Louis places his hand behind his ear. "Decorating with...?"

Anais snorts. "With balloons and streamers and the other shit I bought. By seven, all of the rest of Soo's friends are supposed to get here, and - "

"And doors lock when?"

Anais sticks her tongue in her cheek. "Doors lock at eight, 'cause you don't want anyone to," she raises her hands for the air quotes, "'ruin the surprise.'"

Louis nods, eyes closed. "Very good, Ana."

Cara coughs into her hand. "Prick."

Niall laughs, obviously.

Louis shoots them both a glare, flipping Cara off...obviously.

Anais rolls her eyes. "And by eight-thirty, we're supposed to be back with Soo. We'll surprise her, sing, cut cake, etc., and the puppy man is scheduled to bring the dogs at -"

"At nine," and Louis finishes with a loud clap of his hands. "Yes. Yes. And if you need any help setting up, there's always Liam or Haz for you to call early..."

"Or," Cara says, with a flip of her hair, "because girls do everything better, there's also Jourdan or Chanel or Magdalena to help out, too."

"Yeah, there's them," Louis nods. "There's all of them, too."

Hours later, after Louis has been convinced that his friends won't ruin Soo's birthday party, Anais and Louis both take up their part of the bargain and take a very excited (but definitely nervous) Soo out for dinner, Cara is left in the boy's flat with both Niall and Zayn before the rest of their friends and Soo's guests all begin to arrive.