[ xlviii :: keys ]

Come on and give me love come on,

We could start, we could start,

Start out slow,

We could change the past,

We could take this broken road.

- "Shaking in the Dead of Night" || Vinyl Theatre

__

"Alright well, not like this isn't fun, but..."

Zayn lifts a brow, watching as Anais rises with a stretch from beside him on the couch.

"I've really got to go."

"What?" Zach exclaims, voicing Zayn's thoughts. It was like Anais just go here and now, she's leaving.

"Yeah," she nods. "I have all types of homework I haven't started that I should've done today, so..." She shoots Zayn a grin, motioning towards the hall. "Can I get my stuff?"

Louis rolls his eyes. "Don't be a killjoy, Ana. We were just about to start the movie."

She laughs. "What movie? Mags' half-asleep. It's nearly midnight, guys," she throws up a peace sign. "And I'm sleepy. Goodbye."

Cara stretches, lifting her head from Niall's shoulder. "I'll come," she nods. "We can call a car."

"Boo," Soo adds. "Now, I'm obligated to go, too."

"What?" Louis exclaims. "No, you're not."

"But," she grins, "I kinda am," and she ignores Louis' look of disbelief and calls out to Anais, "Got your keys, Ana?"

Anais nods. "Yup. In my bag."

"Good," nods Soo. "'Cause I might've left mine at home..." She grins, laughing behind her hands. "Heh..."

Anais only rolls her eyes. "Lord," she sighs, "Good thing I've got mine, then."

"Bloody hell, Soo," Cara shakes her head. "Can you remember anything, sometimes?"

"Hey! I have a great memory, Cara."

"You don't," Magdalena adds, yawning, "But, that's okay. I don't love you any less."

And Zayn tugs quietly upon Anais' shirt. "Want your things?" He asks.

She nods, slipping behind him as their friends continue their conversation around the television.

"Ana," Zayn whispers, as he leads her down the hall.

She hums.

He opens his door for her, following inside his room, "Don't leave me with them."

Anais laughs. "What makes you think I wanna stay here with them, either?"

"Exactly," he nods, "We can be annoyed together."

Anais laughs harder this time, as she slides into her coat. "I think I might let you go at that alone, tonight."

"That's real fuckin' low, Anais."

"The truth hurts sometimes."

"Just," he shakes his head, teeth running across his lip. He shakes his head, searching for the right words. "Just, stay."

"Zayn," Anais sighs, "I really can't."

"Thought you were honest, Ana."

"Tomorrow is Sunday," she states plainly. "You of all people know that's the only day I can possibly get any shit done with all of you around."