[ xl :: bitches (pt. 2) ]

It's my party and I'll cry to the end,

And you must try harder than kissing all of my friends,

You.

It takes a bit more, yeah it takes a bit more than you,

-"You" || The 1975
__

Alli isn't Lucky's girlfriend.

Lucky Blue Smith doesn't have a girlfriend.

Lucky is single.

These thoughts are whirling in Anais' mind as she stands before him in the kitchen, water bottle lowered from her lips.

"But...?" Anais doesn't believe this. "But, the show...? At that show, at the beginning of the semester, you said...And the picture! The Instagram-"

"I lied, okay?"

"But...?" Anais doesn't understand. Anais doesn't understand lying very well, anymore. "But, why?"

He snorts. "Doesn't matter now, does it?"

"Lucky," she shakes her head. She thought she and Lucky were good enough friends for them to be straightforward with each other, "just tell me the truth."

"So, what? What's that gonna do now, Ana? You're fucking happy with that fucking prick-"

"Leave Zayn out of this," she snaps, because she's tired of him being so awful about her boyfriend, as if she wasn't affected by these words. "Why'd you," and she pokes him sharply in his chest, "lie to me?"

"To make you jealous!"

"What?"

"I was," Lucky runs both hands over his face, "I was trying to make you jealous."

Anais is so shocked she almost wants to laugh. "What? But...why?"

Lucky lifts a brow. "'Cause I like you? Jesus, Ana," and he rolls his eyes because this is Anais, again. "Don't be daft."

"But," she shakes her head, turning away, not noticing how Lucky is crossing the floor, coming closer. "But, why? Like, honestly, why? I was so," she shakes her head, "I was so gone for you, Lucky. All you had to do was ask..."

And Lucky shakes his head, just as outside, in the living room, the puppy man finishes setting up and begins explaining rules for fun and safety and whatnot, and Zayn and Soo audibly wonder where Anais is.

"Ask what, Ana?" He asks. "All you did last semester was work. Honestly, I'm offended that now, all of a sudden you pull a 360 and spend all your time with, with-" His jaw clenches again.

Anais rolls her eyes. "Zayn, Lucky. It's Zayn."

He waves her off. "Whatever."

"No, not whatever. Do you not care that he matters to me?"

"But what about me? You liked me and never let it on and now you're the opposite with him-"

"I didn't know you liked me!"

"And I'm telling you now."

"So, what?" She snorts. "So, I'm just supposed to leave my boyfriend and run into your arms and be with you, now?"

And before Anais can say, "Give me a break with that shit," Lucky's wrapped his hands around her waist and nodded very intently, with wide blue eyes.

"Yes," he says, and brings his lips to hers.

Anais doesn't know what the fuck is happening to her life, tonight.