[ xiv :: dating ]

I get addicted to beginnings

Fall in love with the first part

If I know anything at all

I know how to start.

It's always just a conversation

It doesn't have to go too far

But far enough to let me know

You could be what I want.

- "Need A Woman by Friday" || KING

___________

"Guess what?"

"What?"

Soo slams the door of the apartment, causing the walls to shake with the impact. She shuts off the television and flips on the lights and pushes Anais' feet from the coffee table, causing the carton of ice cream in her hand to nearly tumble to their carpeted floors.

It's a Friday night, and Anais has been curled up in a blanket in the dark watching Playing It Cool with Chris Evans and now she's kind of pissed because you don't just pause Chris Evans.

Anais lifts an eyebrow. "And you say I'm dramatic?"

"This is serious, Ana!"

Anais frowns, bringing a new spoonful of Triple Chocolate to her mouth.

"What is it, Soo?"

"You'll never believe what just happened."

"What?"

"Anais, I'm freaking out..."

"What?"

"I was walking home and...Oh my god, Ana I run into...Anais I said 'yes'..."

"Soo, what???"

"Anais..." Her face is buried in her hands.

"Soo...?"

"Louis just asked me out."

___________

"You Bradford son of a bitch."

"What-Lou, what the hell?"

Louis practically throws himself into the flat and out of the window, because Zayn is sitting on the fire escape having a smoke, and there's not enough space for the two of them to both be out there, but Louis has practically given Zayn a heart attack and he very nearly chokes on his cigarette.

It's still Friday night, and Zayn was sitting outside in solitude until his mate came home and made a scene. Niall hasn't come from dinner yet and he's been expecting him before Louis, since they were supposed to chill and watch the game.

"Anais, Zayn?"

Zayn furrows his brow, taking another drag on his cigarette. "What about her?"

"I have to find out from Liam through Niall? And then I get it confirmed by Soo?"

He shakes his head. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Anais!"

"Okay?" Zayn is visibly confused. "What about her?"

Louis narrows his eyes. "I thought we were better mates than that, honestly."

"I like, I swear I don't know what you're talking about, Lou."

"You start dating one of my best mates and decide not to tell me?"