[ iii :: unlucky ]

"Well, love..." He pauses because there's no way she doesn't already know what he's talking about. "How was it, then?"

She laughs bitterly through her nose, shoveling a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"Shit," she says. "Complete and utter shit."

"I don't think it could've been that bad."

"I didn't think so either, but look," she stabs her spoon into her carton of Rocky Road. "Here I am, complaining about how bad it was."

He swipes the ice cream, eliciting a quick, "Hey," from her and a little laugh from him. He raises a spoonful to his lips. "You're so dramatic."

She huffs. "Says the Theater Major."

He laughs.

"Stop laughing, Lou."

"Wha-?" He's got a mouthful of chocolate and vanilla and marshmallow. "M'not laughing at you..."

"Just with her, instead," says Soo, as she lifts the carton from Louis and grabs a spoon from the drawer in their very small kitchen. "Uh huh," she grins. "I know how this goes."

"Love how you both took my ice cream."

"Love how you're still pouting."

"What's really the matter?" Louis asks, looking between the girls because there's no way that Anais is upset about the fashion show. She's walked in plenty of events on campus that have started late, and there's been plenty of times when students have done her make-up poorly, and she's been more stressed during her English exams than any runway show she's ever had to walk in.

She peers up at him with narrowed eyes. "Why's there got to be something else wrong with me, Lou?"

"I dunno," he shrugs. "Possibly because I'm one of your best mates and nothing gets past me."

Soo hands him the remainder of the Rocky Road and he drops the ice cream onto the table before Ana. "I'm all-knowing. I'm God on Earth. I'm bloody Jesus, so c'mon," he waves his hand about the air. "Spill it."

"You're too sassy to be Jesus."

"Jesus can have sass."

"You don't know that."

"I do-I am him. Been waiting a while to tell you lot, actually. Surprise."

"Lucky's got a girlfriend!"

"Soo Joo!" Anais scoffs as Louis nods.

"Ah," he says. Anais' pissy mood makes sense to him, now. "Well now, 'course he does...the fucker."

"Damn it, Soo! Why'd you have to tell 'im that?"

"It's the truth," she sings, sitting atop the counter since there are only two chairs at the table-New York's expensive, okay? "You know Louis was gonna find out, anyway."

"Thanks to you."

"True," Louis nods. "All too true. C'mon, love. Don't be mad at Soo Joo."

"Hah hah," Anais stabs at what remains of her ice cream. "I'm not mad at her..."

"You're mad at Alli."

"I'm mad at Lucky!"

"Liar."

"Fine! I'm pissed as fuck and I feel like keying the tires on both of their fuckin' expensive cars-Happy?"

Because fuckin' Christ, who does that...? She wonders. How could Lucky flirt with her throughout the entirety of the previous semester and then turn up to this show with a girlfriend? And not just any girl, no. But, Alli? Alli who knew she'd harbored a crush on this boy since sophomore year? Alli who said Lucky was 'too much of a pretty boy' that she'd 'never, ever, never go for.'