[ l :: bowling ]

One way, driving in the middle of the night,

Speeding, demon, chasing light,

Found me a lady that I'll hold on tight,

Bright lights, King City...

- "King City" || Majid Jordan

___

"Please stop pretending like you're good at this, babe."

"Ana, I don't remember you beating me last time, love."

She rolls her eyes. "Remember the last time we bowled? You were kind of distracting."

"What can I say?" He shrugs. "Making bets'll do that to you."

"Oh! So, you were only flirting with me 'cause you were making bets. I get it," Anais nods, eyes turned to the pins at the end of the lane. "I see what it is, now."

"That's when I first liked you, yeah?" Zayn replies, rising from his seat to meet Anais at the ball dispenser. She grins, tongue in cheek as she looks up from her returning pink bowling ball.

"Zayn," she groans. "Lemme do this."

"What? I'm helping."

"You're not. You're being distracting. Like last time--"

"Shh," Zayn replies, pressing himself against her back and wrapping his arms around her waist. "That was like, kind of a secret."

"Eew!"

And Anais rolls her eyes.

Zayn's eyes close, brows pinching. "Why did we invite them, again?"

"Guys, seriously? Like, stop being so lovey-fucking-dovey and bowl, already," Soo calls from her seat beside Louis. "I'm trying to kick some ass tonight!"

"Honestly," Lou calls, throwing out a hand. "Ana's been standing there for like, the past fifteen minutes, mate."

"Greatness takes time," Anais retorts. "And besides," she shoves a hand towards Magdalena and Jesse on the benches across from them. "I don't hear them complaining."

"That's 'cause Jesse's tongue is down Magda's throat!" Soo whines. "Bad example, Anais."

Louis wrinkles his nose. "They're obviously not playing."

And Zayn and Anais both grin, because Magdalena is actually straddling Jesse, whose tongue is actually kind of down his girl's throat, and the two of them continue to make out as they both lift their middle fingers into the air and flip off both Louis and Soo.

Louis crosses his leg at the knee. "I say win or lose, they buy drinks."

"I'm with it," Anais shrugs, still in Zayn's arms, her bowling ball still in hand. Losing couple was supposed to buy drinks for everyone else, but Cara and Niall were somewhere in the arcade and Jesse and Mags were half-playing and because Zach found out Jordan couldn't come he decided not to, either.

So that just left Zanais and LouJoo.

Magdalena pulls from Jesse, her lips red and full as she turns around to face her friends. "I heard that. And, for your information, we are playing."

Zayn laughs. "It's really not like we were tryin' to keep secrets anyway, Mags."

"Because we weren't," Anais grins. "Because. Well. You're literally right there."