[ xlvi :: bubbly ]

I wanna sleep next to you,

But that's all I wanna do right now

And I wanna come home to you,

But home is just a room full of my safest sounds.

"TALK ME DOWN" || Troye Sivan

___
"Wow, Z. You literally just missed Ana and her big sis. And Jesse just took his lunch break. Also, Lou says Soo's sleeping over tonight so...yeah. Expect that. Oh, and you think you might wanna double date?"

Zayn shakes his head and shakes off his coat as he slides onto his typical stool in the bar.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, mate," he laughs, shaking his dyed head. "One thing atta time."

"Ana came in. With her sister."

Zayn nods, blowing into his cold hands as Zach begins to fix him his regular drink. "She told me. I had class," and he shakes his head, "and you can skip all that other stuff," he licks his lips, smile forming. "What about this date?"

Zach laughs. "What the fuck? You actually care?"

"Of course," Zayn laughs as the drink gets slid towards him. "Why shouldn't I?"

"I dunno," Zach rubs the back of his neck. "Sounds more like something Ana'd be invested in, y'know?"

Zayn nods, sipping from his glass. "It does," he nods. "Doesn't it?"

Zach laughs. "You met her big sis, yet?"

He shakes his head. "Had class all day, y'know?" And Zach nods as Zayn stares at him over his glass.

"Well," Zach continues rather quickly, "she came in here and I think you'd like her. Like, Dude, it's hilarious. She's just like Anais, and they were all French and shit, coming in here at fucking four and ordering champagne and getting fucking toasted."

Zayn's eyebrows raise. "Yeah?" He asks, amused.

Zach stares off, laughing at the memory. "Yeah. And Cara was with 'em, too. So was Soo," he chuckles harder. "Bet you could imagine how loud it got in here..." He snorts, "Y'know...with them all laughing and shit..."

And Zayn could see that picture very clearly, and it's almost making him upset to know that he'd missed that because of fucking classes... Not to mention, it wasn't often that Anais got drunk and he was pretty pissed Zach was even telling him this story now, because he'd definitely missed all the good stuff.

He shakes his head.

"'Ey," Zayn tips his glass towards him, "don't switch topics," he says.

"What're you talking about?"

Zayn scoffs. "Who's the lady, yeah? Who's it that's caught your eye?"

Zayn grins as Zach shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," he smiles with only eyes. "Go on, then. Out with it."

Zach sighs. "Look man, I haven't even asked her out, yet."

He sighs again. "B'sides," Zach shakes his head, "it's like...I feel stupid, honestly. First you, then Jesse, then Niall, and shit?" He chuckles humorlessly. "Ana's friends're probably sick of us, aren't they?"

"Sounds like you're referring to someone specific, mate."

"I'm..." Zach ducks his head, hand on his neck. "I mean..."