[ xxi :: single ]

It's not even a fair fight, when you look at me with those eyes

I get weak in the knees, and I'm begging you please;

Let it be the real thing.

When I ask your name, the fire burns

Bright eyes, come a little closer now

Let's burn on through the night.

- "Air" || FMLYBND

________

"Hey? Thought you were going out tonight, mate."

"Guess not," shrugs Zayn from the couch.

Niall raises a brow, taking in the way his friend is lounging on the couch, eyes glued to the game on the television. "Y'alright?"

Zayn frowns. "Yeah, mate. I'm fine. Why?"

Niall shrugs. "No reason, I guess..."

"Anais left, Niall," Louis says at once. "She's left Zayn to hang out with her other friends."

Niall nods.

Now, it makes sense.

____

Anais sits with her legs tucked beneath her in the living room of Chanel and Jourdan's flat.

She's beside Joan on the gigantic couch the girls have, and she's so comfortable and also a bit sleepy and very very hungry.

"Eew, what the hell is this?" Cara exclaims from the kitchen.

Chanel frowns. "Uh, cookies," she replies.

Cara wrinkles her nose at the box on the counter before her. "These are not cookies," is her response. "These are rocks," she says, lifting one and banging it against the counter. "Or like, bricks."

Joan laughs. "Cara!"

"They're gluten free!"

"Chanel, you can eat gluten," Magdalena exclaims. "Why do you keep buying food without it?"

"Yeah, and Jourdan's like, a chef," Cara says, throwing the cookie back into the box. "Have her make you a salad and get a real fucking cookie."

"I like Whole Foods, okay? Thanks. Get off my dick."

Daphne laughed, pulling out a box of popcorn. "What are we doing tonight, ladies?"

"What are we eating for dinner?" Anais exclaims over the yelling, because she woke up on Zayn's couch only to find that she'd fallen asleep on him and it was nearly 8:30 when she shook him awake.

"Shit," she'd exclaimed, because they'd talked, and then Liam came over and they talked more until Niall came home too and they talked more until eventually, Anais passed out and took like, a three hour nap on Zayn's chest.

"Whoa, what?" He'd asked groggily, rubbing his eyes as she searched around for her things. "What's the matter, Anais?"

"I've got to go," she said at once. "Holy shit, Chanel's gonna be so pissed if I'm late."

"It's like, a sleepover, no?" He asked, rising with a stretch. "Honestly, like, how mad can she be?"

"Um, I'm not trying to push it," was her response, as she grabbed for her coat and her bag and her phone. She had thirty minutes to get home and change and get to Chanel's. Anais rushed to the door. "Bye, Zayn!"