[ xlv :: soeur ]

Every time I get away you

Find a way to reel me back in. (Aah)

Tell me that you love me

Hold me tight so we can always be friends. (Aah)

I swear,

I've said it before, and I say it again! (Aah)

Every time I get away you,

Find a way to pull me back in. (Aah)

"Halo" || Cage the Elephant
___
Monday rolls around and, like before, Anais is busy.

The spring show that Daphne is throwing is underway, and there are but a few weeks before the big day.

Typical Anais, it's like she doesn't have time to eat.

But, this time, things are different, because her boyfriends surprises her with lunch. This time, things are different, because he kisses her good-morning and also good-night. This time, all of the designers and models from Arts ask Ana, "Where your boyfriend is," on the rare days that he doesn't bring his book to her work room to sketch while she's prepping for the show.

And if Anais believed herself to think about Zayn a lot when they were first together, then something really had to be said about her thoughts now that they were trying for Zanais: Part Two.

She still hasn't spoken to Lucky.

"You guys are so sickeningly sweet together I've got a toothache," says Cara like, every single day.

And the thing is, that when her friends tease her now, Anais really just doesn't care. She shrugs, because she knows that they were more than happy when they found out she and Zayn had ended their "break."

She shrugs, because she really is happy and that's honestly all that matters.

She's nervous, though, because her sister was about to meet her boyfriend and she really really wanted her to like him.

And Catherine was very very protective of her younger sister.

"Ana!"

"Salut! Ca va, mon amie?"

It's lunchtime on a Thursday, and Anais sits with her friends at the bar of Mac's and answers the call from her sister; the call from her apartment in Paris.

Catherine was about a nine hour Delta flight away from her younger sister.

"Ton amie?" Cat laughs as she throws clothes into the carry-on she'll wheel to her gate in Charles De Gaulle the following morning.

Anais grins to herself. "Oui. Zayn est correcte."

He sits up, listening more closely now as Anais shoot him a smile, turning in her chair to face away from the bar.

"Mama says he's hot."

Anais looks from his confused face back to the floor. "Il est."

Zach looks from her to Zayn.

"Ooh..." He grins. "French secrets."

Zayn chuckles as Magdalena grins beside Zayn. "Cat's coming," she says.