[ xxix :: honesty ]

Honest, honest.

Say what it is you're trying to say,

But if you lie to me again.

I'll be the one that walks away.

Is it in you to be honest? Honest.

- "Honest" || Kodaline

______

"What the fuck'd I say, Niall!"

"We've played four rounds, Cara, and you've barely beaten me yet!"

"Fight, fight, fight!"

"Shut up, Harry!"

"You should play me next and lose."

Anais laughs softly. Niall and Cara have gone from Fifa on the boys Xbox to Super Smash Bros on their Wii. They were currently playing Mario Kart and having started that game (or deathmatch), Harry, Liam and Louis had joined them in the living room.

Anais was just fine, though.

She was laying against Zayn, listening to music in his bedroom.

She'd much rather stay with him, anyway.

Zayn was warm.

His room was safe.

Things were good.

The only problem? The food had not yet arrived and she was really hoping he couldn't hear her stomach over his iTunes on shuffle.

"Wow," she grins, stretching out and scrolling through his seemingly endless music. "You've got a lot of this..."

"Of music? You don't?" Zayn chuckles, laying upon his stomach beside her. He watches, lips against her shoulder as she pauses.

"Chris Brown?"

"I think he's brilliant, aside from the whole...'incident,' y'know."

Anais laughs aloud. "Incident?"

He leans against her, pushing her as she laughs harder.

"Great way to describe it, babe."

"Well," he continues defensively. "I don't exactly know what to call it, honestly. And I believe in new starts, right? Shouldn't everyone get a chance to redeem themselves?"

She kisses him quickly. "Kidding, kidding. I honestly do agree with you. I think his music is amazing, although," she sticks out her tongue, "I think Rihanna's better."

He laughs against her shoulder. "Bait to which I shall not rise," and he watches Anais select a song. "My sisters used to yell at me," he says, "'cause I sang a lot of his songs in the shower."

"Really?" Anais exclaims, as 'New Flame' filters through his speakers.

He nods pausing, "Can you sing, Anais?"

Anais shakes her head. "I mean, I don't think so. My mom says I sound nice, but I'll never know if she's lying 'cause she's supposed to love me."

Zayn laughs.

"My sister can sing. I think she's got a beautiful voice."

"And you aren't just saying that 'cause you're her sister?"