[ xvii :: sucking ]

Everybody wanna steal my girl

Everybody wanna take her heart away

Couple billion in the whole wide world

Find another one 'cause she belongs to me.

- "Steal My Girl" || One Direction

_________

"So, how's the fuck buddy?"

"I think you mean boyfriend, don't you, Cara?"

"Aren't you both hilarious," Anais hisses as she follows behind her friends into the coffee shop. They've got a half hour until their design class.

Jourdan looks around with feigned shock. "Who's laughing? I don't see anyone laughing, Ana."

"Neither do I," Cara nods. "Soo, do you see anyone laughing here?"

She giggles, looking up from her phone with a shrug. "Don't think I do, doll."

"You guys are the literal worst," Anais groans, because she's frowning heavily since there are no blueberry scones. She pulls out her phone.

"We are the literal best," replies Cara. "And you love us, you do."

"Do I?"

"Of course," Soo replies, grinning as she reads a text over her shoulder. "Just not as much as Zayn."

"See! Look at her! She's grinning like a Cheshire Cat!"

"Am not!" Anais exclaims, cheeks growing warm.

"You are!" Jourdan beams, as the girls find a seat in the shop. "He's texted you, hasn't he?"

"You're telling me the bad boy sends texts?"

Anais rolls her eyes. "He's not a bad boy, Cara."

"Of course," she grins, sipping her English Breakfast. "You know because you've seen a softer, more loving side of him than everyone else sees, yeah? You know the real him, don't you?"

Anais flicks some of her foam at her. "You're so ridiculous."

"Hey," she shrugs, "I've read enough romance novels to assume."

Jourdan rolls her eyes. Soo laughs.

"Hey, Ana," Jourdan begins, raising her cappuccino to her lips.

Anais breaks off a piece of the cinnamon roll she didn't want. "Yeah?"

"What's with the scarf?"

Anais shrugs. "It's cold out."

"But, you're inside."

"I know."

"Want to take it off?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm cold."

Cara laughs. "You're drinking a coffee."

"So wha-Soo!"

"Anais!"

"Holy shit!"

"Damn, Ana!" Cara exclaims with a laugh, as Anais hurries to cover the embarrassing marks along the side of her neck. "You're not fucking him? Right," Cara sips her tea. "Okay."

"I-I'm not, okay!"

The girls are all laughing-Cara and Jourdan the hardest-as Anais re-fixes her scarf.