[ xlix :: pillow talk ]

I wish I could paint our love

These moments in vibrant hues

Wordplay, turns into gun play

And gun play turns into pillow talk

And pillow talk turns into sweet dreams

Sweet dreams turns into fucking in the morning.

- "Coffee" || Miguel

___

"You know, I heard some girl nearly fell tonight. Like, on the runway. Is that true?"

Zayn chokes. "You didn't see it?"

"No," she laughs, as he groans, eyes wide as he recalls the stumbling. "I couldn't see anything from the back, 'cause I heard it was right before my set."

"It was," Zayn nods. And he's all, "No, yeah, like," he chuckles, "It was crazy, honestly. Like, I thought she was gonna break an ankle."

"That was Marlon's collection," Anais muses. "I bet he was pissed."

"Pissed?" Zayn shakes his head. He'll never understand fashion, apparently. "He should feel bad. Literally, like, he almost sent the poor girl to the hospital."

Anais laughs hard, now, as she grabs for her toothbrush and smears it with toothpaste.

"You're silly."

He scoffs. "If I was her, I'd have been pissed."

"Of course you would've, Zayn," Anais laughs, brushing her teeth. "And that's probably why you're not a model."

"Really?" He smirks, running his hand through the hair atop his head. "Don't think that's the only reason, love"

"So, let's use our imagination here, okay? That," she replies, "is the beauty of fashion."

Zayn rolls his eyes, leaning against the doorframe of Anais' bathroom. "Is it, now. I didn't know."

"Just checkin', y'know. I feel like it's my job to tell you," she deadpans. "Since you're one'a those bad boys from Arts."

"That just doesn't get old to you, does it?"

Anais smiles cutely. And she sings, "I know the real you."

And then she laughs.

And Zayn stares as Anais brushes her teeth, chuckling over the sounds of bristles against her teeth.

And he asks her, "How do you feel? Y'know," he shrugs, "since the show's done, yeah?"

Anais turns. Over the sound of the rushing water in the sink, she smiles through the soap in her mouth and takes her toothbrush from between her teeth as she grins a huge, toothpasty grin.

"Free as a fucking bird."

It's pushing two in the morning on the night of Daphne's show. Zayn and Anais have since left and gone out to dinner and now, they've come back to Ana's place, since Soo was at his and Niall was somewhere with Cara.

Zayn grins, pulling his shirt over his head.

"Free as a bird, eh?"

"Like," she nods, "I feel like the world's been lifted off my shoulders," because now that damn show is over and done with and Anais can finally breathe. "Are my worry lines gone? Do I look ten years younger?"