[ xv :: bowling ]

I've got somebody else just to keep me on my toes again

I can barely stand when you're coming too close

I get caught up in your heartstrings

Way up, where all of the sky hangs.

- "Where The Sky Hangs" || Passion Pit

_______

"Sorry about this."

"For what?

"Umm, where do I begin?" Anais sighs. "From, one, making people believe that we're dating. I've definitely got to take the fall for that," she mutters, as she and Zayn trail behind Louis and Soo Joo to wherever the hell they're going. "And now, for practically dragging you out tonight to go on this date with Thing 1 and Thing 2..."

"Heard that!"

Zayn laughs, as Louis turns around and faces Soo, rolling his eyes.

"It's fine."

"But see, I feel like it's not."

"It's okay, Anais," Zayn says, offering her a small grin. "Really."

She huffs, blowing her hair from her eyes.

He's been quiet, tonight.

Too quiet.

Way too quiet for Anais, who is actually really very nervous and she actually thinks she's going to throw up in a trash can on the way to wherever the hell Louis isn't telling anyone where he's taking them.

Maybe this is a sign, she thinks. Maybe tonight will be such a disaster that it'll force her to never interact with Zayn again after Astronomy is over.

Maybe she'll just save herself the trouble and switch classes, now.

Okay, she's definitely being overdramatic, but she can't even really explain why she's so nervous. She's never felt this way around Zayn before-I mean, she had the balls to kiss him-but now, tonight seems different and she can't quite understand why.

It took nearly three hours for her to get ready.

"Look cute but casual," Soo had said, and Anais had combed through her closet for a good hour and a half freaking out over what to wear. She'd curled her hair and put on makeup and red lipstick and still, she couldn't find the right outfit. It took Soo to come in and pull out ripped black skinny jeans and a form fitting black top and ankle booties for her to actually get clothes on so they could go.

"Y'alright, love?"

She snaps her head to attention. "Huh?"

Zayn is staring at her, a small smirk on his face. "Are you alright, Anais?"

She nods. They're standing at a light and Louis and Soo are deep in conversation-Louis is laughing. Soo is smiling.

"I'm okay."

"You're sure?" He asks, and Anais is hyper aware of the way he steps towards her, bringing her even closer by placing his hand on her hip. "You're never this quiet."

She folds her arms. "What're you saying?"

He lifts a brow. "You're never quiet," he say smartly, laughing as she rolls her eyes. "In fact, I can count on you to always have something entertaining to say."

Anais sighs. "Tonight must not be my night."

Now, Zayn frowns. "What do you mean-?"

"Nothing," Anais replies quickly. "Just kidding..."