[ xiii :: constellations ]

I could name a lot of things any other man

Won't do for you, I do for you

When I hit you at your condo real late

You can see the city, you straight

Then cut like kids cake

I got that feelin' for you, that feelin' that you crave. 

- "Recognize" || PARTYNEXTDOOR

________

"Okay, so as happy as I am that you got your book back, we've really got to do this lab."

"We've got a week, Anais."

"Ugh," she sighs. "You say that every week we've got a lab, Zayn."

He says nothing. He only chuckles softly, his pen moving with short strokes across one of the few blank pages left in the book that he got through Niall from Perrie. 

Anais sighs again. She turns her head from him, back to the sky. She's searching for constellations-that Zayn isn't exactly helping her find-up above. She's brought a blanket to sit on and hot chocolate to share and gloves on her hands, tonight, because it's been growing much colder as the days progress. 

They're on the roof-their roof-again. 

Zayn's been sketching since they got to Naughty Boy and he still hasn't told her what it's of.

It's bothering her. 

She keeps asking him and he won't tell-he'll only laugh-and she's pretty sick of him not only laughing but also not helping her find Cetus and Eridanus, the last two constellations she-they-have got to find for this stupid Wednesday night lab. 

"So-"

His voice breaks the silence.

"So?"

"So," Zayn doesn't look up from his book, "how was your date?"

Anais wrinkles her nose, turning from the sky, back to him. 

"What date?"

"Forget it. Forget I asked."

Anais shakes her head. "Was I supposed to have gone on a date?"

"I dunno," he retorts. "Like, you tell me?"

"I really don't know what we're talking about."

"Yeah, okay."

"Are you mad?"

"What?" He scoffs. "Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know," she replies. "Your tone suggests that you're pissed about something. Am I supposed to know what we're talking about?"

"Why'd you ask that?"

"I don't know," she exclaims. "It sounds like you think I should have been on a date, today."

Zayn rolls his eyes with a snort. "Forget it."

"Zayn, I haven't been on any dates. I'm not dating anyone."