My sister's boyfriend

a broken heart does inexplicable things.

y/n
twenty two hundred hours

"The white ones!" I called back to my sister for the millionth time as I rolled my eyes at the annoyance she was causing me. She really just didn't use her head sometimes and relied strictly on the people around her to be at her service. I mean, it really wasn't that difficult to find a pair of heels now was it?

"I can't find them!" She shouted to me after a few moments of silence.

"Oh for fucks sake" I hissed under my breath as I put down my hair curlers and stormed out of my bedroom where I went straight to Alana's room, across the landing, knowing full well that I'd find them.

I threw open her door to see her on the floor surrounded by piles upon piles of shoes and an empty white storage basket.

"Alana this isn't rocket science" I spoke with dread as I groaned loudly and stepped over the different pairs of shoes varying from sneakers to heels, majority being heels from up to six inches. Ah, is this how it feels to be related to a stripper?

"I swear this time that there actually not there" she said as she got up from her knees and moved out of the way so I could look.

I sighed "you said that last time and the time before that and guess what," I faced her as I sat down "they were there."

She fumbled on her next choice of words "well I mean it this time." She took a seat at her vanity and began to tweeze and tug at the ends of her false lashes. "I've looked everywhere for em'"

I bit my lip as I looked around at all the shoes, moving some aside while doing so to try and spot the pair she was talking about. I looked around the basket as well as looking into it but couldn't find them. Everywhere I looked there was a shoe of some kind, Christ, how many pairs did she have?

"No wonder you can't find them, I mean, fuck Alana" I said slightly astounded "look at all this." I turned to her where I just saw how unbothered she was. "You don't even wear half of these." I went back to scanning through the array of shoes.

"Yes I do." She scoffed as she defended herself. "I wear all of them all the time."

"Oh yeah?" I chuffed "well, when's the last time you wore these?" I asked as I picked up part of a pair of tan wedges with white sparkly straps and tassels. I scrunched my nose and widened my eyes as I looked between her and the weird looking shoe.

She looked at the shoe, then me. "Okay well," she stuttered out as she began to defend the shoe, I never once saw her wear, in my life. "Aunt Tania got me those for my birthday and it would've been rude if I didn't wear them to dinner." She narrowed her eyes at me as I just let out a snort and stared at the very atrocious shoe.

"She does have very strange taste." I commented as I put the shoe back down and continued to search through the massive pile.

I stopped my search once again as my fingers landed on a leather boot. "What the fuck Alana" I breathed out beneath my breath as I held up a cowboy boot. I looked at her with a 'why the hell do you own this?' Look.

"It was for a Halloween party" she rolled her eyes.

"What and you kept them?" I asked her, even more baffled.