Assistant part 4

My eyes twitched and my mouth was slightly opened "w-what? But we're not even together-"

"I don't care" he said plainly and I looked at him blankly "I've known you for two years now and for the most of it, I've been fantasising about this moment. I've dreamt of having you for so long that it actually makes me angry to think of you with another guy. I don't know if this makes any sense to you but...I think I'm in love with you" he looked so sincere

I smiled at him "I think I'm in love with you too...but a relationship is just too complicated. We're always so hooked up with work. Your always filming videos or going to meetings and I'm going back and forth with-"

"Then we'll make it work" he stopped me from talking "do you want this?" He looked me dead in the eye

I sighed and stared up at him "of course I do"

"Then that's it" he made it sound so simple "that's all we need to make this work. If we both want this, then it will work"

"But what if it doesn't?" I whispered, fear lacing my voice

"Then we'll do something about it when the time comes but right now, I want this more than anything else in the world. I know it will be tough and I know we will have some arguments but I also know that it will be the best thing that we've ever done. I don't want to fuck this up but I really want to do this. I don't want to keep you hidden anymore. I don't want you to be a secret anymore. I want to tell the world about you and let them know that your all mine. I want them to see how crazy I am about you and how much I-" he stopped and cupped my face "how much I love you"

My whole body fluttered and a massive smile spread across my face "I love you too and I would love to be your girlfriend"

His smile was even bigger than mine "really?"

I nodded my head giggling.

He laughed too and held the sides of my face. I wrapped my tiny hands around his wrists and smiled at him. He smiled back at me before he slowly pulled my face towards his and pressed his lips against mine. I melted into the kiss, my heart did too.

"What the fuck"

Our heads yanked apart and whipped around to the door. He stood there with a pale face. He was staring at us with an open mouth. My heart sunk to the pit of my chest. He looked horrified. He was looking between us but his eyes fell on Grayson.

Grayson stood up "E, just let me explain" his tone was very monotone and wary

Ethan slowly shook his head in disgust before he turned around and walked right out of the room. Grayson chased after him. I stood up and ran out of the room.

"Ethan please! Please just listen to me, let me explain-"

"No" Ethan snapped cutting Grayson off

"No?" Grayson sounded confused and hurt

"That's what I said" he looked and sounded angry

"Ethan" I walked towards them but kept my distance

He stared at me and shot me an angry glare before he looked back at Grayson.

"Our assistant, really?" His face didn't determine what emotions he was feeling

"Ethan-" Grayson was shaking his head, like he didn't know what to say.

"So how long?" Ethan crossed his arms

Grayson sighed before looking down "two months" he spoke a little bit quieter than his normal tone

"Two months?" He sounded shocked

Grayson sighed again and lifted his head "just let me explain-"

"No," he cut him off again "you had two months to explain"

Grayson looked defeated.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ethan started to sound and look really hurt

"It was complicated and we didn't want anybody knowing" he tried to explain

"But it's me" Ethan sounded betrayed "I'm your brother. We tell each other everything...well we used to tell each other everything" Ethan looked away and bit the inside of his cheek  "if you had just told me I wouldn't've been mad. I would't've cared. If you didn't want anyone knowing then I wouldn't've told anyone." He was hurt, extremely hurt.

"I'm sorry" Grayson's voice cracked

"Sorry doesn't cut it Gray" he stared at him, no sympathy on his face "your only sorry cuz' you got caught" he scoffed and started to walk away from him

"Wait, where are you going?" Grayson pleaded

"I- I just" he sighed "I gotta take a walk" he approached the front door

"But-"

Ethan slammed the door shut.

Grayson stood there staring at the closed door. I slowly walked up to him from behind and gently wrapped my arms around him. He turned around and hugged me tightly, I heard him whimper. I ran my hands through his hair and 'shh'd' him. We stayed like that for awhile.

God, what have we done?

~

I pulled the quilt over his sleeping body and planted a kiss on his head. I had finally got him to calm down and fall asleep after so many failed attempts. I turned off his bedside table lamp and left his room, shutting the door behind me.

I sat down at the island and stared at the marble design. I looked at the countertop as tears quite quickly filled my eyes. They soon started to spill down my cheeks and pretty soon after that I became a crying mess.

The door handle shook and I lifted my head. The door opened and Ethan appeared. He didn't notice me straight away and kicked off his shoes. After he kicked off his second shoe, he saw me. We stared at one another for a few seconds but he broke it by shaking his head and walking away.

"No, Ethan wait please" I got off of the stool and ran up to him

He stopped walking and sighed aggressively. He turned around and looked at me. He had this blank stare on his face.

"You know, I really want to fire you right now"

"I know" I looked at him apologetically "I would wanna' fire me too. I know your mad and I know that you hate me and I am so sorry that you found out this way and I will continue to apologise about it and beg for your forgiveness for the rest of my life if I have too but I'm not sorry that it happened" he eyed me, a certain look plastering his face "because I love Grayson. I really, really love him. And I know it is totally inappropriate and I know that it is completely out of order but I'm in love with him Ethan. I know what we did was wrong and I know that we should've just told you and could've stopped all of this from happening in the first place. You have every right to be mad at me and if you want to fire me go ahead but please don't put this all on Grayson because anyone can see how much he loves you and you know that he would never purposely want to hurt you"

He studied me and it looked like he was taking in everything I had just said and was thinking it all over. He swallowed "your not the one I'm mad at y/n" he turned back around and was about to continue walking.

"Ethan-"

"Y/n" he spoke angrily and he turned back around "just go home, alright? This doesn't concern you anymore" he glared at me with a scowl before he walked away for good

I watched him get further and further away.

What I said had either fixed things or made everything worse and I had a gut wrenching feeling that the second option had just been done.

You guys want a part 5? Hehe