Assistant

My eyes hurt from staring at the three monitors for over six hours now. I rubbed them, until I saw shapes, and happened to glance out of the glass doors to the back yard where I noticed how late it was. The sky was black and faded into an incongruously soft blue and a rim of orange sun on the city line horizon.

The beautiful view came with my job and that's one of the reasons why I loved my job with a passion. The main reason obviously being the fact that I worked for the Dolan Twins. I worked with many celebrities but the twins were secretly my favourite. They were both so fun and always paid me extra.

I helped them film videos and assisted them whenever I could or whenever they needed me but I also edited some of their videos too if their editor couldn't or if they had a busy schedule that week. I didn't mind though, it got me more money.

I stretched in the chair, my back sore and hurting a lot.

"Why is your ass still here?" A voice from behind me spoke "go home, everyone else is asleep but you" the chuckle that left his lips was from Grayson who had just entered the large open plan living area. He strolled into the kitchen grabbing a water from the fridge.

"I can't, I'm not finished editing this video yet" I told him

"Well I've dismissed you, so go home" he drunk his water

"But you need this video edited" I joined him in the kitchen grabbing some water myself

"Not right this second" he chuckled "it's almost midnight, like hell I'm going to let you get less sleep just because you had to edit some video"

"This is my job" I laughed and unscrewed the cap, taking a big gulp.

He placed the half empty bottle on the marble counter and looked at me "yeah and you can come back and finish it tomorrow at a normal time"

"But it's only going to take me another hour just to finish it and then I can go home" I tried to argue my way through

"I don't care" he told me bluntly

"Well I care" I screwed the cap back on

"You care too much" he informed me as he turned around, crossed his arms and leant his back on the edge of the counter. "You freak out and feel the need to get things finished as fast as you can cause you think something bad is going to happen"

"Well yeah, I don't wanna' get fired" I chuckled

"Girl come on" he gave me a stupid look "just because one video isn't fully edited doesn't mean we're going to fire you. We didn't even hire you for that reason and you still do it voluntarily. Besides, you put way too much effort into this job, no way would we fire you" he explained

I smiled at him "thanks Gray"

"No problem" he replied "your a great member on our team, I don't know what me and E would do if we didn't have you"

I blushed and instantly covered my face "stop making me blush, I know you do it on purpose"

"I mean your not wrong" he picked up his water and drunk the rest of it "it's cute" he headed towards the bin and threw the crushed plastic into it

My cheeks went even more hot so I quickly tried to get rid of it.

"Right, well I can tell you really want to get rid of me so I better get going" I left the kitchen and grabbed my bag and shoes

"Good, you need sleep and I would appreciate it if you sleep through your alarms tomorrow" he said grabbing my coat

"Oh calm down, you make it out to be that I don't get any sleep at all" I pulled my bag strap over my shoulder