MDZS-Dumbfound

Modern AU

Lan XiaoLian: (5 months old; crying)
Lan JingYi: (rocking XiaoLian in his arms) What's wrong?.. Please stop crying..
Jin Rulan: (looks exhausted) We already bathe her, fed her, changed her diaper.. What more could she want?
Lan SiZhui: (arrives in the nursery with WangXian in his arms)
Lan WangXian: (4 years old; looks sleepy)
Lan SiZhui: Why haven't you put A-Lin to bed for a nap?
Lan JingYi: As you can see..
Jin Rulan: We've been trying.. Why haven't you put A-Xin down for a nap?
Lan SiZhui: He was about to but A-Lin's cry keeps him from sleeping. Here.. (gives WangXian to Rulan) Let me try..
Lan WangXian: (leans his head down on Rulan's shoulder)
Lan JingYi: Gladly.. (gives XiaoLian to SiZhui)
Lan SiZhui: (rocks XiaoLian in his arms) There there..
Lan XiaoLian: (still continues crying)
Lan JingYi: It's no use..
Jin Rulan: I've ran out of ideas..
Lan JingYi: Should we call senior We-
Lan WangXian: No.. (wiggles in Rulan's arms wanting to go down) Put A-Lin back in her crib please..
Jin Rulan: (WangXian leaves the room after he puts him down) A-Xin?..
Lan JingYi: Where is he- (hears a noise coming towards the room)
Lan WangXian: (pulling a vacuum inside the room; gives the end of the wire to SiZhui) A-Xin not allowed to there.. (points the electric plug that is covered for safety)
Lan SiZhui: Oh.. Okay.. (plugs it in and as soon as WangXian switched it on)
Lan XiaoLian: (stops crying and falls asleep)
Jin Rulan: I can't believe it..
Lan JingYi: It actually worked..
Lan WangXian: (yawns; rubs his eyes as he walks towards the door) A-Xin go to bed now.. (goes into his room for his nap)
Jin Rulan: Why do I have a feeling he knows more in looking after a baby than we do?
Lan JingYi: That's all in your head. He's four.
Lan SiZhui: (puts a blanket on XiaoLian) Yet he managed to put a baby to sleep with a flick of a switch.. And he's only four..
Jin Rulan: Exactly..