Chapter 31

*Abigail Hemmings*
Everything happens for a reason.
In a matter of seconds, a person can die, be born, make a mistake, achieve something, be fooled, pull a prank, smile, cry, fall in love or have their heart broken.
Falling in love isn't a choice. If it was, I wouldn't have fallen for 'him'.

-----------------------------------------
(Michael's P.O.V)

I sat down in the waiting room, watching TV which was on the news channel.

"Mikey?" I heard Calum call out as he entered the room.

"What's up with you man?" Calum stood in front of me.

"Nothing, I just don't feel comfortable seeing her like that." I replied.

"Then why did you scuff like that?" He asked.

"You don't understand Calum and you never will. You should stop trying." I said before standing up and slipping on my coat which was placed beside me.

I began to walk towards the door, not looking back at Calum. I stepped past the door frame and I heard Calum walk closer.

"Do you like her still?" Calum asked, making me stop in my tracks. "Is that why you're always acting either like a jerk or a shy guy around her? Is that why you tried to make me ask her out, so you can try and get over her easier?"

"Does it matter? She loves Ashton and that's never gonna change." I said before continuing to walk away.

I got to the elevator and got in, going to the main floor. Once the elevator stopped, I got out and headed to the street to get a cab.
A cab parked beside the sidewalk. I got in and told him the address before sitting back and thinking to myself.

I know I'm being an idiot. The way I'm acting towards everyone, it's jerk-like. But I can't help it. Whenever I'm around her, it reminds me of what we had back on the trip and it kills me.

I paid the driver before getting out and walking to the front door. I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door. I stepped inside and hung up my jacket, shutting the door behind me before heading upstairs and laying in bed.

"I am a jerk..."

*Two days after Abigail got sent home*

(Abigail's P.O.V)

"Maybe you should call him." Calum told Luke. "Ya know, since you're the only one who hasn't talked to him yet."

"He won't listen to me." Luke said.

"Why don't I go visit him?" I suggested, causing everyone to give me a strange look.

"You're the reason he's acting this way. I don't think him seeing you will make things better." Calum said.

"Alright..."

Ashton wrapped his arms around me and I laid back in his lap. He ran his fingers across my cheek and he smiled.

"I'm never leaving you alone again." He said with a smile.

"Your going back to the tour tomorrow." I sighed.

"And you're coming with me." Ashton smiled widely.

"Wait what?" I sat up and looked at him with wide eyes.

"I hate being apart from you. And since it's only like two months left, I thought maybe you would like to come."

"I'd love to." I wrapped my arms around Ashton's neck and kissed him.

Ashton deepened the kiss and before I knew it, we started making out. His hands went to my waist and I smiled into the kiss.

"Guys..." Luke said awkwardly.

Ashton and I stopped what we were doing and looked at Luke.

"We have to find a way-" Luke got cut off by the sound of the doorbell.

"I got it!" I exclaimed before hopping up off the couch and jogging to the front door.

I opened it and the smile on my face instantly disappeared.

"Hey." Michael half smiled.

"Come in." I moved aside and he stepped in.

I shut the door and walked in behind him, watching as all the guys ran up to him.

"Dude are you alright?" Luke asked Michael.

"I'm fine now. I was just having some issues. I don't wanna talk about that okay? Let's just all have some fun." Michael smiled.

"What's up with you?" Ashton asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I just figured there's no point in being pissy when you can have fun."

"Alright. What do you wanna do then?" Calum asked.

"How about lets go see Jessica." Michael smiled.

"Who's Jessica?" I asked.

Ashton gave Michael a death glare and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's Ashton's ex girlfriend. The one before you. The one he lost his virginity to." Michael told me.

"That's not cool dude." Calum said.

"She deserves to know since her and Ashton are very serious now." Michael smiled.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me that." I looked towards Ashton.

"I didn't think you needed to know about her." Ashton said.

"Did you love her?" I asked.

"Abigail that doesn't matter-"

"Wow Ashton, you know what, you guys go, I'm gonna go to bed early. Goodnight." I pushed past Ashton and walked up the stairs.

"Abigail it's only 8 pm." Luke said.

"I don't fucking care." I slammed my bedroom door and laid on my bed.

How did I not need to know? If we're getting serious, I think it's time we tell each other everything! It doesn't matter though, I'm going on tour with them tomorrow, so I'm going to pack now and just forget what happened.

(Calum's P.O.V)

"That wasn't nice Michael." I pushed Michael back, causing Michael to laugh.

"She'll get over it. Anyways, better head home if I'm gonna be ready to leave tomorrow. Bye lads." Michael said before leaving.

"Asshole." Ashton said while sitting down.

"It's gonna be fine Ashton. Just try and talk to her and see if you can find a way to make her forgive you." I said.

"Michael's changed. What's wrong with him?" Ashton looked at me.

I shrugged and sighed before turning to Luke. "I'm gonna head home. Night. See you tomorrow."

"Bye." Ashton and Luke said as I left.

I walked down the sidewalk and looked up at the sky. It wasn't very dark but it was dark enough to turn the street lights on. The cool breeze blew through the empty streets, making the only noise outside besides my footsteps.

I walked by Michael's house. He was in his living room laying on the couch with his hands over his face. I thought I should go in and talk to him but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. He was acting like a complete asshole and I wasn't gonna go make sure he was alright. If anything, Abigail is the one I should worry about. I am worrying about Abigail. Ashton should have told her, she deserves to know. I'd tell her if she was my girlfriend. But she isn't.

________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this is short and crappy. Next chapter will be WAY better. I promise! Byeee! Vote!
Follow my friend ponylover324 and read her book 'Never Forget'! It's AMAZING! Thx guys😘
- Amber xoxo