Chapter 41

(Abigail's P.O.V)

"What's the surprise?" I asked as Ashton pulled me to the kitchen.

He put my in front of the counter and grabbed a magazine that was hid behind the knife rack. He opened up to a saved page and put it down in front of me before smiling.

"You're in the magazine." He said, smiling from ear to ear.

I looked down at the page, with a picture of Ashton and I walking down the street holding hands. A paragraph underneath about how Ashton loves talking about me in interviews, and how I'm a big source of happiness in his life. I couldn't help but smile.

"This is great." I said, turning to Ashton and giving him a hug. "I'm sorry, for being so rude for the past couple weeks or so-"

"No need to bring it up." Ashton cut me off before planting a kiss on my lips.

The doorbell rang, making me flinch for a second. Ashton went to answer the door, sounds of laughter soon being heard.

"Hey Abbie!" Luke yelled out before coming up to me and giving me a hug.

"Hey Luke, guys. Why are you all here?" I asked.

"We wanted to visit." Michael said before flopping onto the couch.

"Well, you can't just come into someone's house without at least calling first." I said sternly.

"Awe c'mon Abbie. Don't be mean." Ashton smirked.

"I'm not mean. I'm just being honest." I said before sitting on the couch.

Ashton sat beside me, as the other guys turned on their phones and we all chatted.

"So, did you do it?" Luke asked Ashton quietly.

"No...not yet." Ashton whispered back.

They need whispering lessons because they whisper very loudly.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Ugh...he's just asking if I ordered the skateboard off amazon yet, I've been looking at it for a couple of days and I was considering ordering it." Ashton a answered with a smile.

"Oh alright." Like I'm gonna believe that.

I wanted to find out what they were talking about, but I didn't wanna pry, so I just shook it off and looked down at my phone.

A text popped up, from Calum. I looked up from my phone to see him smiling at me.

I opened the text, later giggling after reading it.

Calum:

Do you wanna know how potatoes are made???

I texted back.

Me:

Sure. How? 😂

A few seconds later, my phone buzzed again.

Calum:

Potatoes poop and fries come out and we fry them and eat their poop. 😊

I looked over at Calum, he looked at me. His face was serious, as if what he told me was no joking matter. I bursted out laughing, causing everyone in the room to raise their eyebrows at me.

"What's so funny?" Ashton chuckled as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Calum's just weird." I said, giggling a bit more.

"Abs, I need to ask you something..." Ashton said, moving away from me.

He put his hand in his pocket, and pulled out a small black box.

He kneeled down on one knee, and smiled up at me, opening the box to reveal a diamond ring.

"Abigail Hemmings. Will you marry me?" He asked.

I looked in his eyes, feeling a tear stream down my face, and my hands shaking at my sides.

"Yes!" I exclaimed as I hugged him.

He stood up and put the ring on my finger before kissing my lips.

"I love you." He said as he pulles me in for a long hug.

"I love you too."

"Forever?" He asked.

I giggled before replying, "Forever."

________________________

So I changed the ending because I felt like it didn't show what the books true meaning was. So I hope you like it guys ☺️ and thanks for all the support on the way.