Chapter 6

(Ashton's P.O.V)

"Mr. Irwin, stop fooling around and pay attention to the lesson." Mr. Jason said from his desk making everyone chuckle.

I smirked and ran my fingers through my hair.

"As much as I'd like to, I can't since it's last period." The classmates around laughed and Mr. Jason stood up.

"Would you like detention, Mr. Irwin." He said my name sternly and I sat up.

"I can't get detention sir." I said as he approached my desk.

"And why's that?" He sat on the desk and looked down at me.

The teachers in this school are always playing around with the students, it's funny when your not the one they are picking on.

"I...ugh..." I can't tell my teacher I'm going out on a date.

"He's going out with Abigail Hemmings sir." Alex, my classmate and one of my best friends, said from behind me.

Mr. Jason smiled because he had something on me now. "A date with Luke Hemmings sister. Luke your best friend, as Abigail being in grade 9." The class began to chuckle and giggle while I sunk into my seat. "Don't you think she's a little too young Mr. Irwin?" By this point, Mr. Jason was laughing, and I'm pretty sure he was laughing at my red cheeks.

"No sir." I responded, shaking my head.

"Okay, I guess I'll have a chat with Ms. Hemmings before she goes home." Mr. Jason stood from my desk and walked back to his.

Was he really gonna talk to Abbie?

"Sir...ugh...can we not talk about Abigail..." I looked down at my lap.

"Alright, back to the lesson than."

I let out a sigh of relief, before looking at the clock and smiling. 5 minutes until home time then I can drive Abigail home and cook her dinner like I promised, I hope her brother doesn't mind.

"So class, the meaning towards the book-" The bell rang, cutting off Mr. Jason.

Everyone grabbed their bags and left the room. I walked down the hall towards the doors leading to the parking lot where Abigail is suppose to meet me at my car.

As I was walking, some of my classmates stopped me to chat for a minute. I stopped and smiled at them.

"What do you need?" I said, wanting to go meet up with Abigail already.

"We heard your dating that grade 9. How do you feel about those rumors?" They started laughing and I stayed serious.

They're only in one of my classes, thank god it's only one class...

"It is a rumor right Irwin?" One of them asked, nudging me with their shoulder.

"Guys I have to meet up with somebody, I can't be late." I turned on my heels and headed towards the doors again.

"We're watching you Irwin!" One of them yelled out.

Idiots. Complete idiots.

(Abigail's P.O.V)

"What are you making anyway?" I asked as I put my hair up in a messy bun.

Ashton was making me dinner today since he is an amazing cook.

I fixed my yoga pants and tang top before sitting on top of the counter and smiling at Ashton beside me, cooking away.

"I'm making spaghetti." He smiled, making his deep dimples show.