Chapter 9

(Abigail's P.O.V)

I brushed out my light blonde hair, re-did my makeup and got changed into a white summer dress that has spaghetti straps. It's fitting from the bust to the waist then it gets flowy all the way to the bottom. The dress stopped higher above me knees then I thought but it was still nice. I grabbed my white flats and put them on.

I looked in the full-length mirror before jogging downstairs and went to the living room to wait until it was time for Ashton to pick me up.

"Hey sis." Luke walked into the living room in his usual outfit, black skinnies and a Nirvana t-shirt.

I smiled at him as he sat beside me on the couch. "Hey bro."

"Why are you dressed so nice?" He asked while grabbing the remote and turning on the tv.

"I'm going over to a friends for dinner." I stated, not wanting to say exactly who.

"Is that friend my friend?" I shrugged and he sighed. "I don't like you seeing him. I know what he's like Abigail."

"He's your friend, you shouldn't even be saying these things about him Luke." I got up and grabbed my phone, walking over to the coat rack and grabbing my small, single strapped white purse, putting my phone inside and putting the strap over my shoulder.

I don't care if it's early, I just wanna get away from Luke and his lies. He's just trying to separate Ashton and I, even though he knows we're perfect or each other. I sat on the porch for a few minutes until Ashton showed up in his red Chevy.

I got up and walked to his car, getting inside and giving Ashton a kiss. We began the drive to Ashton's house and the closer we got, the more nervous I became, and from Ashton squeezing my hand reassuringly, I could tell he noticed.

"Don't worry Abigail, it's alright. They're gonna love you, and I know that for sure." Ashton drove into his driveway and I took a deep breath before we stepped out of his car and walked up to his door step.

"Okay, you ready?" He asked while holding my hand. I nodded and Ashton gave me a kiss before walking into his house, our hands still locked together. We walked into the kitchen and Ashton's mom had just finished cooking when she turned around and a big smile appeared on her face.

"Oh, you must be Abigail! Ashton had talked about you so much!" She gave me a hug and I awkwardly hugged her with my hand that wasn't holding Ashton's.

She removed herself from me and called out to Harry, Ashton's little brother. Harry came running downstairs and I smiled instantly. I love little kids, they make me so happy.

"Hi!" He exclaimed while giving me a hug. Since he was small, he wrapped his arms around my waist to hug me. I kneeled down and smiled at him.

"Hi Harry, I'm Abigail." He smiled making me smile once again.

"That's a pretty name." I stood up and smiled down at Harry.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Ashton's mom said and I began to blush. "Well, dinner is ready, we can start eating now."

"Yeah!" Harry ran to the kitchen, followed by Mrs. Irwin.

I began to walk to the kitchen till Ashton stopped me. "Just relax okay, my mom won't pester you."

I nodded and gave Ashton a smile before we walked out to the kitchen and sat at the table, across from Mrs. Irwin and Harry. Everyone began to eat they're chicken, but I'm a vegetarian so Ashton had his mom put a salad together for me, which I loved. Everyone ate in silence for the first 5 minutes.

"So Abigail, what do you like to do?" Mrs. Irwin asked with a smile.

"Ugh, I like to read and write books. I like to sing and play instruments like piano, guitar, flute, and I'm hoping I can learn to play drums since I love drums." I gushed. I love music. I want to either write books or do something that involves music when I grow up.