Chapter 40

(Abigail's P.O.V)

I sat on the couch watching Game Of Thrones, a blanket pulled over me to keep me warm.

Ashton was out with Luke and Michael at the movies. Sierra was at home sick, and Calum was at his place with Jess.

I was the only one that had nothing to do but stay at home and watch Game Of Thrones.

My cell rang from the seat beside me. I picked it up and answered the call, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"H-hey..." I heard a sniffle. It sounded like Calum.

"Cal, what's wrong?" I asked, worry present in my voice.

"Can y-you come over...?" He asked.

"I'm on my way right now." I said, hanging up the phone and turning off the tv.

I was wearing black jogging pants and a matching black sweater. I had no makeup on and my hair was down and straight. I don't look the best, but I don't care.

I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a tub of mint chip ice cream and two spoons and headed for the door. I sipped my flats on and grabbed my keys. I locked the door behind me and got in my car, pulling out of the driveway and driving to Calum's as fast as I possibly could.

I pulled into his driveway, getting out of my car and jogging to the front door. I knock on the door, waiting for Calum to answer.

After a few seconds, I heard the lock turn and Calum slowly opened the door. He was in his pyjama pants, shirtless. His hair was messed up and his eyes were red.

"Come on in..." He said as he moved aside for me to enter.

I came in and shut the door behind me. Calum walked to the living room, I followed suit, and we sat down on the couch.

I put the mint chip ice cream down on the table and put the spoons on top.

"My favourite." He said, a small smile forming on his face.

"It's mine too. I thought you would need it. You sounded rough on the phone. What happened?" I asked.

"Jess and I were watching a movie...and she just bursted out yelling, saying we do nothing romantic and she doesn't like me like that anymore and...she dumped me." Calum said, his head falling into his hands and a muffled sigh escaping his lips.

"Calum, I'm so sorry." I said, putting my hand on his back and rubbing in circles.

"It's fine. We've only been dating for a little while." He said, looking at me.

"Calum, just know, what she said wasn't true. You're such a romantic guy. You are one of the most amazing guys I've met. I'm glad to have you in my life. If Jess can't see what an amazing guy you are, she doesn't deserve to have you in her life." I said, smiling at Calum.

Calum smiled, chuckling a bit. I pulled him in, hugging him tightly. We stayed like that for awhile, just relaxing in the hug.

"I'm glad you're here." Calum whispered into my neck. His breath tickling a bit.

"I'm glad to be here." I whispered back.

Calum pulled me closer, so now I was sitting on his lap, and he pulled away from the hug to look me in the eyes.

"You're even more beautiful without makeup." Calum said, running his fingers through my hair.

I stayed silent. My cheeks turning a bright pink as Calum stared at me with a smile on his face.