09. {the new list}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

moonee sat on the spiral stairs on the hale loft, uninterested, as jordan parrish told derek, lydia and scott about how his co-worker tried to set him on fire.

"he covered you in gasoline?" derek hale quizzed after the police deputy had finished explaining.

"it's the hair and nails, isn't it?" lydia spoke, "the parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"well, they should be gone." derek announced once he had finished examining parrish's hands.

"i was set on fire!" parrish exclaimed, "all of me should be gone."

"good point." the youngest mccall mumbled.

"not if you're like us..." scott said, mysteriously.

"like you?"

"i don't think he's like us." derek shook his head.

"then what is he?" lydia asked.

"sorry, but i have no idea." derek confessed.

"but you knew about jackson and kira." scott argued.

"this is a little out of my experience." derek admitted, before glancing over to the younger girl sat on his stairs, "maybe he's like zhao."

the other three looked at moonee, and she stared back.

"her?" parrish questioned, innocently confused, "isn't she fourteen?"

"turning fifteen very soon." moonee added on while she made her way over to them.

"aren't you able to... create fire?" derek questioned the girl.

"she is?" parrish gaped.

"i should be-" moonee nodded as she picked at the bandage on her cheek.

"but you haven't unlocked it yet." derek answered his own question.

"exactly."

"there might be something in the bestiary- did you try argent?" derek suggested.

"i don't know where he is." scott admitted.

"he always visits and then vanishes." moonee shrugged.

"okay, hold on- what's a bestiary?" parrish queried, "actually, that's not even my first question. j-just tell me one thing. are all of you like lydia? are you all psychic?"

moonee peered up at derek and nearly chuckled at the man's confusion.

"psychic?" derek challenged in amusement.

"yeah." parrish nodded.

"not exactly."

"okay... then what are you?"