Chapter 40

Chapter 40 "An old friend"

.
.
.

Walking a little behind her senior Ryujin followed him quietly as they walked through the corridor of the big hospital. It has been a few hours since they returned back from the cemetery of the Kang family and they haven't shared a word after.

Ryujin knew this particular case was important to him as soon as she joined the police force few years ago but now she realised the why.

He felt responsible eventhough he wasn't the one to be blamed, but his pure and kind heart couldn't shake the feeling of being the one responsible after all.

After walking they stopped at door which said Doctor Kim Soo-Jun, She was confused by the name. Was this the name? She thought.

Hoseok inhaled deeply and gently knocked on the closed door. Ryujin looked at him, he was definitely nervous himself but of course he was going at holding it in his calm facade.

Distracting her there was a manly and mature voice allowing them inside, Hoseok looked at Ryunjin and nodded at her and she nodded back.

Pushing the door open they both entered the room where a middle aged man sat on the chair which read Chairman Dr. Kim Soo-Jun. Ryujin frowned that was definitely not the Dr. Kim she knew.

This doctor looked rather young than she assumed. Dr. Kim was supposed to be in his late 70's. She turned to look at her senior's face but he looked calm and collected.

Leaning toward his shoulders, "Sunbae... is this the right person?" She asked whispering to him. Hoseok looked at her and smiled.

"No. He is not the one." He replied leaving her stunned.

"Sunbae!." She exclaimed surprised by his calmness even after the mistake.

"What business does a cop have with me I may ask if that's not rude." The man asked. Ryujin turned to look at him and bowed deeply.

"We are sorry you made a mistak_." She said.

"No we are in the right place. I wanted to met you Dr. Kim." Hoseok said cutting in, Ryujin looked at him  and his calm face again.

She sighed, if he is this calm then indeed he didn't not make a mistake after all, she thought. So she decided to stay behind and let him talk.

"Good afternoon lady and gentleman, how can I help you?" The man in white coat asked sitting back relaxed in his chair. Ryujin studied his action and his face, he was a person who looked very serious and mature.

Striding his way to the chair in front of him Hoseok sat down and smiled, "I can sit here right?" He asked already comfortable in his seat.