chapter 72

_____
"A new ear of me"

The room was filled with eerie silence, just a lamp hanging from the ceiling, just below it was a Table with two chairs facing each other and on one of them sat Mr. Jeon all alone.

That was an interrogation room but the silence was unsettling. He could see the big one way glass wall just in front of him, he wondered how many people were watching him from behind that glass wall.

He had been brought here 15 minutes ago and was said to stay put as he was under observation but he didn't understand why though. He had also asked for his lawyer to be present but no one entered the room after the officer left.

"What's taking them so long?" He muttered to himself rubbing the mark of the hand cuff on his wrist. He was tired as he didn't get a wink of sleep from the past 48 hours.

Exhausted he rested his hand on the table keeping his forehead on his arms and closed his eyes just to feel a sting of pain in both of his eyes. His eyes were red due to lack of sleep, hair was a mess as well and he still had the same clothes on.

Drowsy, he slowly drifted into the slumber. At that moment the door of the room clicked open but it didn't wake him up. A shining pair of shoes could be seen entering the room quite but with heavy and confident steps.

That a woman wearing a formal suit with a shade on her eyes when she slowly removed the shade due the darkness in the room her lips curled up into a small cunning grin.

"I have to see you in the worst condition possible."

The mysterious woman commented, pulling out the chair in front of the man she loudly slammed the metal chair on the floor. Surprised and startled Mr. Jeon woke up and was surprised to see the person sitting in front of him.

He immediately stood up and backed away, confusion visible on his face.

Upon witness that the woman smiled again she looked impressed by the reaction.

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Jeon questioned. This was a government building and an interrogation room, how did she get the pass to enter this room, he wondered.

"Through the door of course." She said sarcastically putting down her shades on the table. Mr. Jeon slowly composed himself and sat back down staring at her.

"Is this a joke to you?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

She shook her head, "Of course not I'm very serious right now." She replied staring back at him. Mr. Jeon slammed his hand on the table in frustration.

"Why are you here?"

"To see you suffer and oh I love it." The woman said her eyes filled with joy.

Mr. Jeon stood up pushing the chair to slam against the wall. The woman didn't even flinch, she had seen it all and it wasn't anything new. His hateful gaze was on her but she smiled, she knew he couldn't do anything.

"Sit back down husband, I have news for you." She said calmly while he was fuming in anger already. She wondered what he would do when he finds out the news.

"Now you're telling me to sit down? who do you think you are?" He slammed his hand on the table again but she didn't react.

"Your ex wife." She said with a big grin and he face left its colours he stiffened out in shock.

"What!" He screamed out in shock.

She smiled, pulling out a file and pushed it towards him and sat back with her arms crossed on her chest. Mr. Jeon opened the file in a rush and his eyes grew.

"Divorce paper?" He asked in disbelief.

She nodded her head, "Divorce papers." She repeated her chin up as he stared at his face.

"You're leaving me?" He asked, he couldn't believe any of it. How could she leave me? Her husband? She owes herself to me. He quickly strided towards her and grabbed her neck pushing her to the chair.

She stayed quiet and composed, "Don't forget where you are right now." She struggled to speak under the pressure but she wouldn't let that show.

Realizing where he stood he looked at the glass wall and slowly pulled himself away from her, still staring at her with a hateful gaze. She knew he could have killed her if not in this room and she was glad.

"You'll pay for it." He warned, turning to his left he ran his fingers through his hair.

She stood up and fixed her hair, "Believe me I'm already doing it." As she turned to the door, her now ex-husband tried to grab her hand when the officer walked in, grabbing both his arms, he was pulled away.

"See you in the court." Mrs. Jeon said before she walked out the room. As soon as she was out of the building her phone ringed, she immediately too it out and she was expecting this call.

"Hello." She answered.

"Great job Mrs. Jeon or should I now address you has Miss Wang?" The voice joked.

"I did what you asked me to do." Miss Wang replied with a straight face, not like leaving her husband had any effect on him, she was fine with it. The thing she had endured enough in her 27 years of marriage.

"Good job mom." The voice said and hung up.

Meanwhile at hospital, Taehyung was finally out of coma now. He stayed on the bed as advised but his first concern was Y/n safety. Jimin was next to him and he ensured him she was fine but he didn't inform her she wasn't here in fact no one knew where she was right now. She was gone the last night without any notice and nobody knows where she was.

But Jimin suspected one person who might know.

"Jimin where is she? When can I see her?" He asked, it's been 2 hours and he told she was asleep in her own room. Everyone feared Taehyung would leave if they told him she was missing.

"You have to rest first buddy, she fine and she's asleep." Jimin said patting his head and Taehyung implied reluctantly.

Somewhere, She sat in her big balcony staring at the sunset with a gray robe, her hair undone, long and flowy due to the slow smooth breeze. Her face demeanor was calm and peaceful with her closed eyes she felt the cold wind on her face.

It was written somewhere that when a woman takes her revenge even the devil sits back and takes note and Y/n inspired it.

There was a soft knock on the door to the balcony, with eyes still close she wayed her hand telling the man to get in, she knew who it could be.

The steps slowly strided closer to her, "I thought you wouldn't agree." The male voice said.

Y/n finally opened her eyes and turned to the man, "Our goal is the same why would I deny any help." She commented making the man chuckled

"You're a cunning woman, aren't you?" He commented with a grin, she didn't react much just gave him a small smile.

"As long as I get what I want, no label is insulting." She shifted her gaze back to the drowning red sun. "Any information?" She asked.

"Yes. It's happening tomorrow at 10:30 am. Four officials will be in the van as well." He informed her, she nodded her head.

"I hope you know your work from here?" She asked to make sure, he nodded his head in agreement.

Y/n smirked, "Let's get this job over and done with." She said the man nodded again in agreement.

______

Still a little away from the ending, a little wait till the end please keep supporting and keep loving. Thank you.