Jenna Marshall

I rubbed my fingertips across a picture of my son and I could feel tear droplets making there way on the picture too

A knock on the door caused me to jump before clearing my throat.

" come in" I sniffed.

" hey baby is everything okay" Melvin ask while He leaned down planting a kiss on my forehead.

I placed the frame back on the nightstand before standing up and walking over to our dresser.

" I'm okay. Where's Liam?"

" he's staying over a friends tonight they wanted to get some late night swim practices in before their first meet tomorrow."

" I don't want him on that team anymore."

" okay. is there a reason why honey?"

I fumble threw my clothes before finding my night wear and I place it on the bed.

" Jenna talk to me why can't he swim for the team?"

" because he just can't you have to trust me he can't swim for that team we have to move"

" okay calm down baby wait just wait... what's going on here is there something that I should know about?"

" Melvin please we have to get out of here I can't be here I don't trust it here anymore" I begin to cry as i was trying to find my way into the bathroom but instead i missed the handle causing me to fall on the floor.

" Jenna! " he said rushing by my side.

I laid on the floor for at least three minutes balling my eyes out.

" baby talk to me what's going on. please talk to me" he begged.

" somebody that I've went to school with is back in town and I...I can't stay here we can't stay here anymore please we have to move".

I could feel Melvin sit beside me on the floor as my strap from my bra started to fall to my shoulders.

" Okay I want to make sure you and Liam are as safe and sound that's my job. I can find construction work in another state."

I nodded my head as his fingers push my hair from my face.

" are you okay now?"