Nova DiLaurentis

I was dressed for school as I waited in the kitchen for my brother to come down the steps

" hey you normally don't play around with your eggs" my mother said as she fix Braxton plate.

" I'm not really hungry"

I don't know if she knew something was up but I was trying to come off as normal as I could.

Taking a couple sips of my coffee I received a text.

Jumping because I was not sure who it could have been my mother caught me.

" nova"

" yes" I answered.

" are you sure nothing happen to you or Braxton the other weekend?"

Shrugging my shoulders I was trying to forget about the weekend.

" nope. why you ask?"

" nova I know when you are upset or don't want to be bother. I also know Braxton, and you both seem uncomfortable"

Trying to forget about everything I double tap my screen to see who messaged me.

Uncle Jason: we need to talk nova

Pushing my phone back inside my pants pocket I grab my bag when I seen Braxton heading for the door.

Not once did he say anything to mom nor did he come inside the kitchen to get anything to eat.

And my brother loves food.

" are you going to need a ride to school because if..."

" no thanks I'm riding with Braxton"

Giving her a slight smile I walked out the door and we headed on to school.

I knew we  had classes with our mother but for
Now we just wanted to enjoy the classes that did
Not involve her at the moment.

" you can't be antisocial with mom she already thinks somethings up with the the two of us" I mention as we was walking the halls.

" you don't have too, I want to until Im ready to talk to her"

" well then that's selfish. she can't know that we know what's been going on..." I was cut off as he stop in front of me.