The Bestest Family

Y/N Brekker.

That's been her name for almost eleven years now. But that isn't the only name she went by.

Queen of the Barrel.

That's the name she went by when she was younger.

Side by side she ruled the Dregs with Kaz.

Once they turned twenty-three they finally settled down, already married they moved just outside Ketterdam. And once they turned thirty they adopted a baby girl.

Now, being honest, Y/N did question how Kaz would be with a child. But against all doubts, he was an amazing father. He loves his daughter so much he would go to the ends of the earth just to keep her safe and happy.

And mind you, Olivia is only four, Y/N can't wait to see how he reacts when boys start to come into the picture.

~

"Olivia! No, darling, come here!"

Chasing her daughter around the living room was a common thing to do throughout the day.

Whether it be because she doesn't want to take a nap, or she took something that belongs to her parents, or she just wanted to be chased, Y/N seemed to find herself chasing the little ball of energy around a lot.

"Olivia, at least take those shoes off. You're going to trip and hurt yourself, Love."

Olivia continued to run around the small coffee table, wearing one of her dad's black coats, his shoes and his hat that was way too big for the four year old, before quickly darting to the hallway that led to the front door.

Y/N chased her down the hall, catching her and swinging her up into her arms. She didn't notice the door open behind her as she spoke to Olivia.

"Liv, you can't take your father's clothes. But most of all, you can't wear his shoes, they are too big on you. You're gonig to fall and hit that pretty little face of your's on the floor. Would you want that to happen?"

She shook her head and placed her hand over her mouth to hide her giggles. Y/N chuckled and moved the oversized hat to kiss her forehead.

"Okay, go and put the clothes away before daddy comes home."

Olivia laughed and pointed to the door, "Too late."

She turned around and was met with the sight of Kaz and their friends. She quickly placed Olivia down so she could go hug her dad. Kaz picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Daddy, look! I'm just like you!"

Olivia pushed the hat up as it kept falling over her eyes. Kaz chuckled softly.

"I see that. Did you give mom any trouble while I was out?"

She shook her head eagerly, causing the hat to fall over her eyes again only to be pushed back up.

Kaz walked them further into the house as Y/N welcomed their guests.

"Hey guys! I didn't know you guys were coming over today, I would've had dinner ready."

Nina wrapped her arm around Y/N's shoulders, "If you can make waffles, I can help you and that is all we need."

Y/N threw her head back laughing, "Of course, I can make some right now. The rest of you can make yourself at home."

She smiled at them and walked to the kitchen followed by Nina and Inej.

~

In the living room Kaz was seated on the couch with Olivia in his lap as the rest of the group sat down around the room.

Olivia looked around the room and smiled, "I have something for everyone!"

She hopped off the couch and ran up stairs to her room, once she came back she started handing out the pictures she drew of them.

"I drew them with mommy today, she said we could take them to you later but you're here already!"

They all chuckled at her enthusiasm as they looked over the drawing of themselves.

~

A few moments after, they were all called for dinner.

As tradition -and lack of space in the dining room- they all sat in the living room talking, sharing stories, and enjoying dinner.

Y/N leaned into Kaz's side and smiled fondly and sighed at the sight of Olivia sitting in Jesper's lap laughing at Nina and Matthias going back and forth over something silly.

Kaz looked down on her, "What's wrong?"

She shook her head and placed her chin on his shoulder, "Nothing. Just that I might be the luckiest woman alive."

Kaz chuckled, "Oh? How so?"

She smiled and placed a quick peck to his cheek, "You are my husband, we have the most beautiful daughter, and we have the bestest friends in the world."

He nodded in agreement, "I couldn't agree more."

He looked back down at her with a teasing smile, "I don't think bestest is a word though."

She laughed and gently hit his shoulder, "Oh, shut up."