Vigilante Sh*t

a/n: any swifties here? no? just me? well... hope y'all like it anyway <33

"Sorry, I'm late."

The room fell silent as tall-heeled boots clicked on the floor as a girl not much older than the rest of the crows walked into the room. No one dared to make eye contact with her piercing eyes framed by a sharp black cat eye, matching the rest of her black leather clothes. The girl shot Kaz a wink and sat down across from him, "Feel free to continue." She waved her hand at him before looking around the room. Her leg bounced in place, making her heel click on the wooden floor repeatedly.

Jesper and Inej shared a look and kept their heads down discreetly. Nina furrowed her eyebrows at the sudden shift in the room and was confused at who had just walked into the room. "I'm sorry," Kaz's sharp eyes snapped to the brunette as she continued to speak. "Who is she? And why is she here?" Nina noticed the pair beside her cringe back into their seats ever-so-slightly.

"I'm right here, darling, you can ask me directly."

Nina felt chills run down her spine as the mysterious woman spoke. Her voice sounded the way a queen's would, power and control dripping off her words like honey.

"Y/N L/N is the name, feel free to use it. I'm here because your boss wanted my help with this next heist of yours."

Clearing her throat, Nina built up a bit of courage, "And why do we need your help?"

"For this heist specifically? Charming the guards." Y/N brought her hand up and twirled her fingers around, black smoke forming in thick strings moving like snakes around her hand. A gasp fell from the lips of Wylan, Nina, and Matthias. "You're a shadow summoner?"

Y/N laughed, "No, Love. This is magic, much more powerful than silly little shadows. At least in my humble opinion"

Kaz scoffed, trying to hide his smirk. He knew her opinion was the farthest thing from humble, he also knew she slipped into her very best for his crows. He knew more about her than he'd care to admit. When they met, she was just a young girl, traveling to the big bad city. Orphans. That's what they had in common, so she stuck with him and Jordie. She waited for him by the harbor. When he returned, she was quick to build a name for herself so she helped him build a new name. She made the name sound like a curse, a whispered summoning of evil itself. It instilled fear into the bones of merchers and gang leaders alike. All thanks to her.

"Cat's got your tongue, Brekker?"

The comment caused him to roll his eyes, "I'd like to get back to the plan if it isn't too much of an inconvenience for you." Y/N simply nodded her head for him to continue, biting back a smile.

~

"Everyone knows their roles? Any questions?"

Everyone shook their heads other than Nina. "I have a quick unrelated question for Y/N." Kaz rolled his eyes, "Zenik..."

"It's fine, Brekker, let her speak." Her voice wasn't quite soft or kind, but it wasn't as sharp as her y/e/c eyes were. "I just need to know... Who do you dress for? You can't possibly just wear these clothes every day."

"I don't dress for women or men." A smirk found its way to Y/N's red lips, "I dress for no one other than myself. Oh, and a dear little friend called revenge. Dramatic, I know, but I only speak the truth."

Once everyone left the room, Kaz and Y/N were finally alone. She helped him place the maps and plans away when Kaz spoke. "What did you think of them?" She turned to face him, "Your crows?" He nodded. "Oh, they're lovely. I especially like that Zenik girl, she's cute."