He Hadn't Lost His Girl After All

It's been five years since she's been back.

A lot has changed since she left when she was eighteen.

She took a deep breath that led to a coughing fit. The air quality was not one of the things she missed.

After Y/N left Ketterdam she went out to the countryside, moving in with her older brother, wife and two kids.

When she got there it was a drastic difference from what she was used to. But now it being five years later she thought she would pay a visit to the town that made her the girl she is now.

Walking off the boat she looked around and smiled, she reached for the hand of the child next to her.

When she told her brother she was going back for a little while his oldest wanted to go with her.

Y/N was completely shocked when they said yes.

She didn't know any parents who would let their child go to Ketterdam at the age of seven... She assumed it was the fact that she lived there before and knew how to handle herself.

"Aunty Y/N, what are we gonna see first?" Alyssa bounced on the balls of her feet while holding her aunt's hand.

Y/N smiled down at her and started walking towards the main street, "Well, what would you like to see first?"

Alyssa looked around, eyes wide in awe as she thought about all the stories she's heard from her aunt. "Your friends. I wanna meet Jesper and Inej! Oh! And Nina! She sounds so funny!"

Y/N felt a slight pinch in her chest. She didn't even know if her friends were still here... But it wouldn't hurt to check.

"Okay, Aly. First stop the Crow Club!"

The little girl jumped and pointed down the wrong street, "To the Crow Club!"

Y/N laughed and turned her in the right direction, "This way, babe."

"To the Crow Club!"

They walked down the alleyways Y/N always walked down when she was younger, which she realised it probably would have been better to just walk down the main street with Alyssa...

She wasn't used to having a kid to care for while in Ketterdam.

She was used to running free and wild.

Walking down the alleyway now compared to when she was younger surprised her.

She can see all the dangers lurking in the shadows, when before the streets of Ketterdam was her playground.

She placed her hand on Alyssa's shoulder and held her close to her side, her mind quickly locating where she placed her knife - just in case... As they reached the Crow Club Y/N started to slow down.

"Aunt Y/N/N? What's wrong? Don't you wanna see your friends?"

She looked down into the pair of bright green eyes and put on a bright smile, "Of course I am! It's just-"

"Then let's go!" Alyssa grabbed her hand and pulled her to the doors.

Taking a deep breath she pushed them open and looked inside.

Nothing's changed.

She smiled softly as a ton of memories rushed into her mind.

Alyssa let go of Y/N's hand and ran to the bar, climbing onto one of the stools. "Is this where Jesper and you would share funny stories?!"

A few heads turned in her direction but were ignored.

Y/N walked to her and smiled, "Yep! These seats exactly."