Invisible

She can't see the way your eyes

Light up when you smile

She'll never notice how you stop and stare

Whenever she walks by

And you can't see me wantin' you the way you want her

Y/N's heart shattered every time she saw it. The slight smile that appears whenever Inej walks into the room. She longed for him to look at her the way he looked at Inej. The way he admired her every step like she was some Saint. Maybe she was... She was stunning, graceful, and talented. She couldn't blame Kaz for falling head over heels for her. Plus it's not like anyone noticed the small changes in his attitude when she's around. No one ever paid attention. Not even Inej herself. And that tore Y/N apart. How could anyone not notice the slight sparkle in his eyes?

She knew it was her fault. Falling for the Bastard of the Barrel... No one gave her the warning though. How could she have known that falling for him would cause her so much heartache?

And I just wanna show you

She don't even know you

She's never gonna love you like I want to

And you just see right through me but if you only knew me

We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable

Instead of just invisible

There was nothing she could do. Watching from across the room as Kaz stared at Inej laughing with Nina. How was she supposed to tell him that she wasn't the right one for him? How she doesn't even notice the small things about him?

But that's just it... She couldn't. She couldn't ever tell him that, 'cause she knows what it would do to him and she can't bear the thought of being the cause of pain for him. She couldn't do it, she wouldn't ever. Simple as that.

She'll deal with the heartache.

She'll deal with the fact that he'd never look at her the way he looks at her.

She'll deal with the fact that to him, she was just invisible.