Lucky Man

Being Kaz's girlfriend has it's ups and downs.

One of which was all eyes on her.

She can't go anywhere without feeling judging eyes on her, or jealous eyes watching her every step beside the Bastard of the Barrel.

It doesn't really help that Y/N is really oblivious and innocent.

Kaz gets jealous somewhat quickly. He trusts her like no other, but he doesn't trust those around you.

So most of the time she always has at least one crow around her at all times.

Now she sat at the bar in the Crow Club.

Jesper was supposed to be with her but he was currently sitting at a gambling table with Wylan next to him.

Sipping on a cup of tea, Y/N smiled as she watched her friends scattered around the room enjoying their day off.

"Hey, pretty thing. What are you doin' here all by yourself?"

She turned her head and saw an older man with a red beard and a mug of beer. His breath reeked of alcohol it made her dizzy, she had to fight to keep her hand down from pinching her nose.

"Umm... Hi. I'm actually not here by myself, sir. My boyfriend owns the club."

The man smirked and moved closer to her, "Well, your little boyfriend should know not to leave a girl like you by yourself."

Y/N moved back slightly when a hand came around her waist and pulled her close, "I do know. And a man like you should go find a girl your own age."

Kaz helped her from the bar stool and walked her back to his office, muttering about how Jesper was supposed to keep an eye on you for a while before he came down.

"Kaz?" He closed the door and walked over to his desk, Y/N following him and sat down in her respective chair.

"Kaz... What was wrong with that man?"

He looked at her and sighed, "That man was drunk. And he was saying things he shouldn't have."

She nodded slowly, trying to wrap her mind around what happened.

She stood up and walked to the extra bookshelf in the corner of his office he placed there just for her.

She ran her fingers along the spines of all her books as she read the titles, trying to pick one.

Kaz watched her as she hummed softly, he was most certain she wasn't even aware she was doing it.

She swayed slightly in place, her simple light green dress moving with her. Her hair fell perfectly around her shoulders.

The corners of his lips curved up slightly as he admired her.

He watched as she moved back to her chair with a book in hand and sat down, grabbing her reading glasses from the corner of his desk.

She moved around so that her legs were hanging off one arm of the seat as her back rested on the other.

Kaz went back to his work and after a while Y/N slowly placed the book down and turned to look at him.

He looked up and saw a smug smile on her candle lit face. "What?"

She rested her elbow on the desk and pointed at him, "You were jealous, weren't you?"

Heat creeped up into his cheeks as he shook his head, "No I wasn't."

"Yes you were! But I won't question it, if it'll hurt your pride, Mr. Brekker."

He rolled his eyes and muttered, "Don't call me that, Ms. Y/L/N"

Y/N laughed and sunk back into her chair with her book, smiling to herself.

Kaz tried going back to work but he just couldn't focus.

He was a lucky man to have Y/N and he knew it.