For You

Now that I have you

I will not forget

What a miracle you are

No childish expectation

Love is not the answer

But the line that marks the start

~

Y/N pushed open the heavy wooden door of Kaz's office and made her way to his desk. She smiled softly when she saw him hunched over his paperwork. He didn't look up to greet her, but he didn't need to.

She walked up behind him and pulled his shoulders back. "This is why you suffer from back aches. Keep your shoulders straight." He huffed and rolled his eyes, "Okay okay." She quickly placed a kiss on his clothed shoulder and sat in her seat across from him. Kaz quickly went back to his work and tried to hide his smirk when he felt her eyes on him.

Y/N stared in awe at how handsome he looked, the oil lamp light reflecting off his eyes making them look lighter. Her eyes traced patterns of his freckles across his cheeks and nose as he continued working. She didn't look away when he looked up at her with a smug smirk, "Why are you staring at me?" She continued staring and smiled dreamily as she met his eyes, "I'm so lucky. Did you know that?" He chuckled and shook his head, "How are you so lucky, may I ask?"

"You. You're the reason I'm lucky. I thank all the Saints for the moment we met. I mean, who knows where I would be... And you. Saints only know where you would be." She chuckled, "I'd be foolish to say that love fixed all out problems, 'cause that's a childish thought. Love isn't the answer to anything, but it did set us on the right track wouldn't you say?"

Kaz stared at her for a moment and gave her what would be a smile. "I agree, darling."