"That's my wife"

"Just a cup of water please." Y/N sat at the bar in the Crow Club, observing all the people playing at the tables. Jesper sitting with Wylan by his side, Nina and Matthias sat farther down at the bar talking with Inej. Her eyes scanned over the laughing faces until they met a familiar pair of dark brown eyes. She smirked into her glass as she saw Rotty come up to Kaz with a small piece of paper. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all by yourself?" She wrinkled her nose at the strong scent of alcohol as she turned around to face a young man around her age. She tried her best to smile politely, "I'm just waiting for some friends." She wasn't lying. Kaz told her to wait until one of the other crows were ready to walk back to the Slat. "Well then, mind if I keep you company?" Y/N racked her mind trying to think of some way to turn him down without making a scene. 

Footsteps and the clicking of a cane were heard behind her, "I mind." Kaz's raspy voice spoke over her shoulder. The young man stood up taller, "So what? You're saying this girl is your girlfriend?" By now, Jesper, Wylan, Nina, Matthias and Inej had slowly made their way over, standing behind Y/N. Kaz stepped forward and placed both hands on his cane, leaning ever-so-slightly towards the man. "No. What I'm saying is that this girl is my wife." 

A small gasp was heard from both Nina and Inej. Y/N turned and looked at them shyly, "Surprise...?" She turned back around to look at Kaz and the young man, only to see him making a beeline to the door. She looked up at Kaz as he stood right beside her, "Well, cat's out of the bag now." He shrugged, "It's about time they knew anyway." 

Jesper made silent hand gestures between the couple, "So you two have been married this whole time?!" Y/N chuckled, "Not the whole time... Just about a year." He stood there, eyes flickering between the two as the rest of the crows tried to wrap their minds around the news. 

"When were you gonna tell us?!"