Lilacs and Sunsets

Y/N laid down on their blanket reading her book while enjoying the fresh air and the sound of her friends' laughter around her.

"Y/N come on!"

She rolled her eyes, trying to hide her smile before raising her hand up to signal for a few more minutes.

She heard Nina sigh, she felt a bit bad but she just needed to finish the book, she was almost done anyway.

Once she finished it she slammed the book and groaned.

She rolled over to lay her head in Kaz's lap and threw her arm over her eyes.

Kaz chuckled and brushed a few hairs out of her face, "What happened?"

She moved her arm and looked up at him, "I've been murdered by a paperback."

He nodded with a smirk, amusement painted across his features, "Oh?"

She nodded sadly and took a deep breath through her teeth.

Nina walked over and grabbed her hands, pulling her up, "I found a stream! I wanna go and dip my feet in! You're coming with us."

Y/N saw Inej walking toward them and smiled, "Okay."

Kaz smiled fondly as he watched Y/N and Nina race each other.

He pushed himself up and walked over to where he saw a bunch of lilacs.

He picked a handful of them and walked back to their blanket.

He realized that Jesper, Wylan and Matthias had left their group to wander off somewhere.

He sighed and laid down, holding the flowers in his hand while resting his sore leg on his other.

Closing his eyes, Kaz slowly drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~

"Is... Is he dead? He looks dead. The way he's holding those flowers and all..."

Y/N smacked Jesper's arm before moving to sit down on the blanket next to Kaz, "He's not dead. Shut up."

She noticed the slight smirk gracing his lips and smiled, "He's not even sleeping anymore."

He chuckled and moved to sit up.

He noticed everyone was back and the sun was setting.

He stared in awe at the sky, he hadn't seen a sunset like this since he was little and he never realized that he missed it.

Orange and purple bled through each other and painted across the sky perfectly.

It was beautiful.

"It's pretty isn't."

He turned his head and saw Y/N leaning back on her arms staring at the sky in wonder.

The rest of them spread out watching the sky as well.

His eyes landed on Y/N again.

She looked stunning.

Hair falling in waves around her shoulder and eyes reflecting the sun.

She looked like a goddess.

"Not as beautiful as you, my love."

Her eyes found him already staring at her and she smiled cheekily, "You think I'm pretty?"

Her voice teasing as he rolled his eyes at her, "Of course I think you're pretty. You look stunning."

She smiled and blushed, looking down to the flowers still in his hand.

He followed her gaze and lifted the flowers up to her, "They're for you. Lilacs are still your favorite right?"

Her smile widened as she nodded and held the soft purple flowers in her hands gently. "Thank you, love."

He gave her a soft smile and nodded.

He was about to say something but was cut off by a loud voice.

"DID I JUST SEE KAZ SMILE?!"