His Whole Heart

Sat in the library surrounded by books and papers, a pencil held between her fingers, as she bit her thumb nail in concentration. Y/N flipped through a few books taking notes as she read. She reached for her cup of tea and brought it to her lips, only to find it empty. Groaning, she stretched and started packing her bag before quickly making her way back to her dorm.

As she walked through the halls she heard students whispering to each other "Have you heard?" "Everyone has to know by now." "I wonder what he did." She paused next to a group of younger students,"I'm sorry... I couldn't help but overhear. Um, who were you talking about?" A young girl handed her a paper, "His wanted posters are all over town." Y/N looked down and the face she saw made her heart sink. "Thank you so much. Have a good evening." She continued her way back to her dorm and sighed. Oh Kaz... What did you do now?

~*~

Kaz sat in the tomb staring at the wall, deep in thought. He missed Y/N so much, but he knows he can't go see her now. His face is everywhere. Someone would be bound to notice him at the university and report him. But he needed to see her so badly, she was his whole heart. After being together for almost two years but being friends for much longer, she became his source of comfort.

He put himself and the rest of his crew in the situation. Not directly of course, and he knew that. But he still felt responsible. He looked around the tomb at Nina, Inej, Jesper, Wylan, and Matthias. Their lives were in his hands and he could feel himself starting to crack under the stress, but he's the bastard of the barrel and he knew how to stay collected.

A knock on the door made everyone jump and hold their respective weapons at the ready. Kaz motioned for Jesper to follow him as he limped to the door, cane in hand. Jesper pushed the door open and stood in shock. "Y/N?"

"Yes yes. Move and let me in." She walked past him carrying a large basket on her arm. Kaz watched as she moved to the main sitting area and placed her stuff on the table, with wide eyes. Nina jumped out of her seat and tackled her in a hug, "Oh Saints, Y/N! I've missed you!" Inej quickly followed and embraced the two girls tightly. "It's been months, of course you missed me!" Y/N smiled at the two of them, "I brought food and blankets 'cause Saints know you all need it." As she unpacked her basket Jesper spoke up, "How did you find us, Y/N/N?"

"Let's just say I've spent too much time with you lot." She tossed a wink over her shoulder before pulling out the final few snacks. After greeting everyone and introducing herself to Matthias she turned to Kaz. Walking up to him, she placed a chaste kiss on his cheek and smiled up at him, "I've missed you." Still in shock, all he could do was nod with a small smile.

"Now. What did you do? Your face is all over the Barrel!" She led him to a seat as she continued to lecture him, not noticing the giggles slipping past Nina's lips and Jesper's smug grin. "All of you are in so much danger now. Uhg! I'm just grateful you all are safe for the moment. How did you find this place anyway? It's a great hideout. Kinda creepy though, don't you think? It being a tomb and all." She sat down next to Kaz and sighed. He watched her and couldn't help the amused smile making it's way to his face. Even now, she finds a way to be the caretaker she is. Her ever giving spirit is still there even in all this darkness.

Conversation started around the room and Kaz leaned over and whispered in her ear, "I love you so much." She smiled and reached over for his gloved hand.

Inej watched their small intimate interaction with a smile. She loved Y/N without falter, but she loved Kaz with her even more. She watched their friendship grow into this complex intricate love story. Always knowing both sides of the story because they both go to her for advice or just a listening ear.

She knew Kaz was struggling with the fact of being apart from Y/N for so long. She knew of his sleepless nights and the burden he carried on his shoulders. Her heart hurt for him, but now she was so glad Y/N had somehow found them.

Y/N had been a source of comfort to all of them over the last couple of years. Some part of her was what each of them needed, and Y/N knew that. Each of her crows held a special place in her heart, and she loved all of them equally. Well, one more than the rest.

Yes, she fell for the Bastard of the Barrel. How? She doesn't quite have the answer, but she will never regret it. She loved Kaz in spite of all his flaws and past trauma. He owned her whole heart as she owned his.

~*~*~*~

A/N: heyy! yep, this is el! this is the longest one i've written in a whileeee! i hope yall liked it! also, thank you to those who have sent me positive feedback and i love see yall's comments! thank you for reading my work and thank you for all the support!!