There's Love Beyond Understanding

There's a love beyond words.

There's a love beyond touches.

There's a love beyond bother.

Y/N learned how to understand Kaz without ever touching him.

Kaz learned how to understand Y/N without ever hearing her voice.

It was the way they knew what each other meant with just a passing look in their eyes only the other understood.

They had a unique relationship.

So beautifully complex no one looking in could understand.

A relationship crafted just for the two of them.

A love so rare and intricate.

A relationship simply beyond understanding.

~*~

Kaz held Y/N's pinkie in his gloved one while she swung them back and forth between them, something he's gradually gotten comfortable with.

It was date night.

Tonight Kaz wanted to take her to her favorite spot in town and just relax.

Once they reached the docks they sat down at the edge, feet dangling off the side.

After a while of comfortable silence Y/N began thinking.

They've been in this relationship for two years and a few months and not once has he heard her voice.

She wanted to say something to him, she just couldn't figure out what... Before she could continue her thoughts Kaz cleared his throat, "Y/N/N?"

She turned her head and looked at him, eyes expectant. "I um- I wanted to ask you something."

She nodded her head with a confused smile, Kaz never stuttered. "Umm, it's been a long time since I've met you for the first time. And I've only fallen more in love with you."

Y/N smiled and nodded slowly, trying to piece together what he was trying to say. "I-umm, I guess what I'm trying to ask is... Will you marry me?"

A gasp escaped her lips as she brought a hand to her mouth while nodding frantically.

Kaz reached out to her slowly and pulled her into a tense hug.

Y/N was shocked to say the least, but after a moment to make sure he was okay she leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders while resting her head on his shoulder.

Now. you should try now.

"I love you, Kaz."

Softer than a whisper, she muttered those four words into his neck, her voice a bit rough from lack of use.

With wide eyes he pulled back and looked into her sparkling y/e/c eyes shining up at him, "You-you spoke to me?"

She nodded, smiling widely.

Kaz quickly thought to himself, she took a big step so now it was his turn.

He cupped one of her cheeks in his hand while the other hand rested on her waist.

He took a deep breath then leaned in.

Lips brushing over hers, waiting for her response.

She didn't react right away, she stood frozen in shock.

Right before he pulled away, thinking he did something wrong she stepped slightly closer, deepening the kiss.

Her hands went to his neck and hair, a soft moan escaped his lips before he slowly pulled away, resting his forehead on hers.

Standing in the cool night air of the docks, reveling in the fact that they both took three huge milestones in their relationship.

First words were said, first kisses were shared, and a proposal was made.

~*~

"So, you want to practice your vows?" Y/N nodded, smiling a toothy smile at Inej while sitting next to her on her bed.

Inej smiled, happy that both her friends are finally getting the happily ever after they deserved.

"Okay, let's get started."

~*~

White dress flowing behind her, long hair pinned up beautifully as she stood infront of him.

Handsome in his black tux and hair slicked back, he looked down at his girl.

His beautiful girl.

By now it was time for the vows.

When Kaz finished his, Y/N had tears streaming down her cheeks.

She knew he wasn't one for long, loud proclamations of his love, but what he shared was simple, short and sweet.

Kaz smiled down at her and wiped her cheek with his thumb. He didn't expect her to reach out to Inej for a folded piece of paper.

She took a deep breath and smiled up at him before looking back down at the paper, "Kaz... Thank you. Thank you for making me feel so special when no one else did. I cherish all the paper crane notes and flowers you let me place in your hair. The stolen books with small notes written inside and shared clothes in my closet. My promise to you is to love, honor, and cherish you for all eternity."

Her speech was slow and calculated, but that didn't mean he couldn't hear every once of love she poured into each word.

Once she looked up she saw tears slowly slipping down his cheek.

She smiled softly and wiped his tears when she heard a loud sob interrupt their quiet moment.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Nina blew her nose into a handkerchief loudly as she leaned into Matthias' side as he himself struggled to hide his tears.

Y/N chuckled quietly at her friend and looked back to Kaz who couldn't wipe the look for complete adoration off his face.

'I love you' he mouthed back to her.

She blushed and looked down at her heels before smiling up at him.

They both knew being married in the Barrel wasn't easy, especially if your husband is Kaz Brekker.

But they would get through it together.

~*~

Life wasn't easy, that's for sure.

Running the Crow Club however became... fun.

The two of them would do paper work together and sometimes Y/N would make a game out of it, who could get the most done first.

Her voice was still scarcely heard, but was deeply loved by her husband.

To Kaz, she only ever got more radiant, he couldn't adore her more everyday. He loved her more and more as each day went on.

He remembered a question he asked her once, "How would you describe our relationship?" Y/N looked up at him while she rested on his chest and thought. She hummed, "Beyond... understanding." She spoke quietly, just loud enough for him to hear. He smiled and kissed her forehead, "I like that... There's a love beyond understanding. Sounds poetic, huh?" She nodded and giggled before resting her head on his shoulder again, placing a quick kiss to his neck.

Twisting the silver wedding around his finger, he watched Y/N trying to learn the game Jesper's trying to teach her and Wylan.

Wylan whispered something to her that made her laugh.

Inej walked up behind her and wrapped her arms around Y/N's shoulders and rested her head on her shoulder.

Matthias sat down in one of the empty seats at the table while Nina pushed Jesper off his seat next to Y/N and sat down next to her.

While watching his wife he realized he could finally agree with all his heart.

Their love is beyond understanding.

But he wouldn't trade it for all the kruge in the world.