Stay. For me

Kaz woke up to soft whimpers and pacing footsteps on his creaky wooden floor. "Y/N?" His voice, thick with sleep as he slowly pushed himself up to a sitting position. "Sorry for waking you... I- I can't sleep. So I came up to your room. But I didn't want to wake you, and-" 

"Y/N. Calm down, love. Come 'ere." He shifted himself over a little, creating space for her next to him. Y/N walked over hesitantly, "I- Kaz, I can just go back to my room. It's fine really." He smiled slightly and shook his head. "Stay. For me." He knew that it would make her feel better if she felt like he needed her more in that moment. Which wasn't lying, he always needed her. 

She laid down and pulled the covers over her shoulder while shuffling around to get comfortable. As Kaz stood up Y/N asked, "You're not leaving are you?" He chuckled, "No, I'm just getting something." He walked over to his desk and picked up the book she left there when she sat in her chair while he worked. He slid back into bed next to her and opened the book to where she left her bookmark. Y/N closed her eyes and smiled softly as she listened to his voice reading her favorite book. She was so lucky to call him her's.