Chapter 2 The Spider and A Dragon

.......

“I-it’s d-d-dead! Ahhh!”

Did somebody save me?

Zerha looked around to see if anyone was around, though there was no one in sight. She didn’t know that she’s the one that killed the serpent.

There’s no one here except me, but I didn’t do anything to the snake! W-who killed it? I better get out of this place!

"Ugh..."

But after a minute, Zerha's body felt heavy, she stumbled and while looking around, it seems the surroundings are swirling, she felt nauseous then slowly lost consciousness.

......

Hours later, she woke up. "What the hell happened? F**k. I need to get out of here." She quickly slung the backpack over her shoulder before she started strolling around the area in search of an exit.

But while looking for the way out, a humongous spider appeared in front of her.

I'm really unlucky, huh... "Ahhhhh!”

Zerha ran as fast as her legs could carry her, but the spider caught up with her easily. It shot out a web in an attempt to trap her with the threads, though she dodged it. The threads of a spider were so sharp that they could mangle someone in an instant. The massive creature let out another thread. Some of the threads hit Zerha’s face, inflicting a gash on her skin.

“Ugh!” Zerha groaned in pain as blood started dripping from her wound. She suddenly felt
afraid upon realizing that if the threads struck her entire body, she would probably be torn to
shreds. Although Zerha wanted to get furious with the spider for injuring her face, she couldn’t bring herself to yell at it because she was overcome by fear.

How can I escape from the spider? How can the threads of the spider webs be so sharp that it can tear someone into pieces? Someone help me!

The spider suddenly stopped moving. Zerha noticed this and froze in her tracks. She faced the spider, which started climbing the walls. Every time the spider changed its position, it left threads in the area where it had previously been. Zerha watched the spider in confusion. She didn’t realize that the spider was intelligent enough to think of setting a trap for her.

What is this spider doing? I should quickly escape from here while it’s busy moving around so weirdly.

Zerha was about to run when she noticed that every path that she could have used as an escape
route was covered with sharp threads.

“Sh*t!” She exclaimed.

It cornered me? So there was a plan behind its weird moves, after all! It formed spider webs all over the place to corner me! Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! Zerha cuss nonstop due to the panics she feel.

The spider was already in front of Zerha, eager to devour her. Zerha tried to formulate a plan.
How can I defeat this spider? Eh? Why would I think that I can defeat it? I’ll just think of a way to get out of here! But how can I cut these threads?

Zerha tried to touched the threads, wounding her finger in the process. If she wasn’t careful, her finger would probably be sliced in half.

Whew! The threads are too hard to cut. Perhaps even a knife won’t be able to break them either. But even if it can, I don’t have a knife. The big snake earlier has venom that can melt a rock! Maybe it can also melt this spider’s threads! If only I had some of that snake’s venom!

Then Zerha remembered how the snake suddenly died. She started to ponder on the cause of its
death.

When I shouted that I wanted the snake to be dead, that’s when it died! Yeah, and this backpack, too! I said that I wanted a bag and it appeared unexpectedly! Maybe I will be lucky again and create a miracle, the snake died all of a sudden and there are monsters here, so it's possible that I can create something...magical?